Thread: Windows 10 compatibility?

Advanced Tuner

Windows 10 compatibility?

Is it known whether or not the HPTuners Suite software is compatible with Windows 10?

I have a notification about the Windows 10 upgrade on my primary tuning device (Asus T100 tablet/keyboard dock combo, currently running Windows 8.1) - but I'm hesitant to perform the upgrade in case it breaks my HPTuners software.

Obviously, I'm going to hold off for now, but wanted to at least start the conversation...

Thank you!

That's a good question...my primary tuning laptop still runs Vista, but my desktop runs 8.1 (soon to be 10). Didn't even think about HPT compatibility with it...
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Advanced Tuner
    Anyone?

04 Sierra Denali,370,S485B, Built 4L80E, 3barOLSD, E85

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, there are guys using Windows 10 without issues. I'm upgrading my laptop now.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks - I guess I should have searched first! :-)

Advanced Tuner
    I just confirmed. Operating normally. It will have to do a firmware update, but no biggie.

Advanced Tuner
    For what it's worth, HPTuners is working perfectly with Windows 10 on my Asus T100 hybrid device ($200).

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    is it just me or does win 10 run slow as hell on pc's that had to update to it? My two year old toshiba will run it but it feels super sluggish in doing virtually anything. I'm moving back to 8.1
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Win 10 running fast on my 1.5yr old Yoga 11s.. it has an SSD though, and I did a full re-install of Win10 after updating 8.1 to Win 10 since the upgrade to Win 10 the first time around didn't work quite right.. for one my sound didn't work so some drivers must not upgrade right. The fresh install worked fine.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Advanced Tuner
    On my Asus T100, Windows 10 actually runs better than Windows 8.1 did - plus, I have a lot more free space on my C: drive (only has 32GB of storage). Plus, the interface is better - so it's definitely a win-win-win for me on this device. For a $200 device, I love this Asus T100! It's primarily used for tuning and datalogging my car though.

I just did the 8.1 -> 10 upgrade, which worked well (using a MicroSD card to store "temp" files during the upgrade).

My wife and my laptop are running far better after doing the upgrade and then a clean install from USB (NonUEFI).
    I mean they probably just needed the wipe more than anything - but upgrading was the best excuse to actually back up everything and start afresh.

*Remember to upgrade first and ensure it is licensed before attempting the clean install*

Advanced Tuner
    Even your wife runs better on Windows 10?!?!?! Interesting.... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    is it just me or does win 10 run slow as hell on pc's that had to update to it? My two year old toshiba will run it but it feels super sluggish in doing virtually anything. I'm moving back to 8.1
    I haven't had that issue with my desktop...my laptop still runs Vista. It's old as dirt at this point, but a very trusty computer for tuning.
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

I updated 2 laptops to win10, my old Acer and the wife's Lenovo. Both are running better than ever.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS