Thread: Weird Cold/Cool Startup Idle - 2015 Mustang GT

Tuner

Weird Cold/Cool Startup Idle - 2015 Mustang GT

I have a stock 2015 Mustang GT base with about 1800 miles on it now. I had it since 150ish miles.

Ever since I had it, after the car has been sitting a while, on cold/cool starts, the car will start and idle at a certain rpm for a few seconds, then the idle will go up, then it will start idling down as usual, as the car warms up. Sometimes it will go up and down (bounce) a little.

All the cold startup videos on Youtube of other 2015 GTs seem to not do this. They just start up and instantly seem to hit their desired warmup idle routine, then idle down as the engine warms up.

This GT is unlike any car I've seen/owned. I'm used to the car starting and reaching it's higher idle very quickly, then idling down as the engine warms up.

Video of the "issue" (you can see where it starts and goes to about 1000 RPM qucickly, then jumps up to around 1700 a few seconds after that, then drops, they bounces around a bit, then starts gradually idling down):

Also added my stock tune file and log file. Cold startup can be seen in the beginning of the log, of course. Log shows car starting and and getting to about 1100 RPM, then creeps up past upper 1300s before idling back down as the car warms up.

Thoughts?

Haven't checked for vacuum leak yet. Car is also very inconsistent with part throttle acceleration, like its hesitating, until up to operating temp. Going to talk to the service department about this idle thing today, as well some other stuff.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by CarsonTech; 07-28-2015 at 05:13 PM.

Tuner
    I setup an appointment in 2 weeks to have the service department check on:
    -cold start Idle issue
    -bad part throttle drivability until warm
    -clutch chatter when easing off on clutch and letting car move itself (say I want to idle through traffic or inch forward without using the gas pedle, car vibrates with clutch chatter)
    -5.0 badge coming off on passenger side
    -huge gap between rocker panel and body

Ugghhhh.

Tuner
    Test started up and drive 3 new GTs today. None of them had the issues mine does.

Tuner
    Update... Service department stated everything except the badge and rocker panel are functioning as designed despite my video proof that non of the other cars on the lot had idle or cold/cool drivability issues.

I found another person who is having the same issue as I am on the 6G Mustang forum.

He stated the canned tune off the SCT handheld tuner resolved his issues. He also stated that having someone remote tune his car, starting from the stock tune file that came with the car resulted instill having the same issues.

My guess is that the strategy used by SCT calculates the parameters differently than the strategy Ford has on his and mine's cars.

I'm wanting to try to write another base 2015 GT tune file to my car, but a differnt OSID, to see if Ford screwed up on my particular OS. I'm not sure how to go about that, though.

I started a new thread that is easier to search for in case any one else is interested in the future:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...egy-OSID-Write
    Last edited by CarsonTech; 08-30-2015 at 05:33 PM.