Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: how in the hemi

Advanced Tuner
    Remove the MAF(g/s) readings from your table. Keep the HZ. That will fix that problem.

Delete the mass air flow (sae)? How can I find if it is in g/s or hz?

Advanced Tuner
    Right click, units.

I don't have hz in my units. I have lb/min, lb/hr, lb/sec, and g/sec
    Last edited by Kevoscamaro; 08-12-2015 at 02:33 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevoscamaro View Post
    I don't have hz in my units. I have lb/min, lb/hr, lb/sec, and g/sec
    Delete the that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglegoat View Post
    Delete the that one.
    Okay I figured it out. Delete maf sae insert maf hz. I apologize if I don't catch on as fast as others. I will try harder.

Advanced Tuner
    At least you're not asking people to do it for you. Do yourself a favor, don't post something until you've searched, studied, and thought about it for at least 20-30 min. Then wait another 10 minutes after you type it. Eureka happens a lot as you work through this stuff.

Do you know how the MAF HZ pid is used?

At least you're not asking people to do it for you. Do yourself a favor, don't post something until you've searched, studied, and thought about it for at least 20-30 min. Then wait another 10 minutes after you type it. Eureka happens a lot as you work through this stuff.

Do you know how the MAF HZ pid is used?
    I know that I have to get thru sd/ve tables before maf tables. Trying to concentrate on 1 thing at a time.(ADHD) Although I have a feeling I will need this knowledge to do so. I see what you mean now by 2 days of reading isn't even the tip of the iceberg. I've been reading at least 1hr a day for 2-3 weeks and still not comfortable enough to even take a log. It really doesn't help everything reads like a foreign computer manual
    Last edited by Kevoscamaro; 08-12-2015 at 09:23 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Read about lambda, lambda error, VE/SD, MAF, dynamic airflow and cylinder air. These will give you everything you need in order to get your airflow tables correct and get you on your way to understanding timing tables. You won't ever need the MAF pid you deleted BTW. It's quite literally worthless. Good luck.

Do you know how the MAF HZ pid is used?[/QUOTE]

I think you use hz because it would give you a true reading/more precise reading over g/sec and also I think I read that it's easier to see if maf is pegged out with hz.

Am I any where in the ballpark?
    Last edited by Kevoscamaro; 08-13-2015 at 11:50 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Look at your MAF table column units. That's how the MAF works. The MAF reads Hz and that corresponds to a g/s lookup. That's how you plot your lambda error.

Look at your MAF table column units. That's how the MAF works. The MAF reads Hz and that corresponds to a g/s lookup. That's how you plot your lambda error.
    I didn't want the answer but yea thanks. Now I have to read about this lambda. From what I gather lambda is just another unit of measurement like g/s and hz

Lambda is a measurement of excess oxygen or excess fuel in the exhaust. Lambda 1.00 = complete burn (no excess fuel or O2) which is also referred to stoich. Lambda over 1.00 (1.1 for example) is excess O2 in the measured exhaust or lean and Lambda below 1.00 (.85 for example) is excess fuel in the measured exhaust. Lambda of 1.00 is stoich (complete burn) for all fuels. AFR is always a calculation for whatever fuel you are burning based off of Lambda. Once you understand Lambda and set up your histogram to measure Lambda error you will be able to tune anything regardless of what fuel is being burned. This is very beneficial to those of us who tune gasoline and E85 cars. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by 68Camaro View Post
    Lambda is a measurement of excess oxygen or excess fuel in the exhaust. Lambda 1.00 = complete burn (no excess fuel or O2) which is also referred to stoich. Lambda over 1.00 (1.1 for example) is excess O2 in the measured exhaust or lean and Lambda below 1.00 (.85 for example) is excess fuel in the measured exhaust. Lambda of 1.00 is stoich (complete burn) for all fuels. AFR is always a calculation for whatever fuel you are burning based off of Lambda. Once you understand Lambda and set up your histogram to measure Lambda error you will be able to tune anything regardless of what fuel is being burned. This is very beneficial to those of us who tune gasoline and E85 cars. Hope this helps.
    So lambda will read 1 where afr will read 14.7? Reading about how to set up histogram now.

I did read that if u switch fuel your afr will need to change. So with lambda it always says 1 because that results in the best fuel burn/emissions ect?
    Last edited by Kevoscamaro; 08-13-2015 at 03:54 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes. By using lambda the only place you ever use AFR is setting stoich AFR in the tune one time.

Just need to double check. The histogram is for correction in the ve table. Now that I think about it that is how all this stuff works. Find/ explore air table (ve/sd/kph vs rpm) log correct histo then go back and correct table. Tune in open loop. Set maf to highest reading. I got so many scribbles.

Advanced Tuner
    Pm sent

I read in the aem wb manual that I can switch setting from afr to lambda on the back meter. Should I do this?

Advanced Tuner
    I would. That will change the display, you need to ensure that your scanner input is set for lambda as well.

Eagle!!!!!!! My first log!!!!!! I'm actually getting some where. I hope. woooooooooo. hooooooooooo.
    Attached Files Attached Files