Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how in the hemi

how in the hemi

Been reading for 2 days now. It's really kinda overwhelming. My hp pro will be here in couple days so I thought I wood get a head start. I installed my aem wb. Downloaded demo but sum mum ma hemi I half no freakn clue. I got basic ve table supposed to play nice with maf during cruising and wb n ve tables at wot. I've been thru about 16 stickies and I feel like I learned some new terms but dunno how they are in correlation. I will be stopping by the local speed shop to ask for help but I get the feeling everywhere that I'm half to do on my own and when I blow up my motor I will learn not what to do. I don't want that. NE ways I have both a mail order toon and the old school Diablo that let's u into the fuel/spark tables but nothing like all the tables hp offers. I guess I'm trying to say this is going to be very challenging for me. 2005 silverado, 5.3, lm7, pacesetter lt, airaid cai, tb spacer

Yea I got it all screwed up now. I got 3 pages of notes scribbled out in what looks like a foreign language. I'm gunna buy a book. Maybe the LaSota manual. I'll be back. Nice talkn to myself.
    Last edited by Kevoscamaro; 07-28-2015 at 02:55 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    There is nothing out there that tells you exactly what to tune in what order. Not anything that's with handing anyway. The only way to really do this is to know what each table does and how/why/ you need to adjust them. This stuff isn't easy. A few days of reading ain't nothing. Get Greg Banish's books of you want to understand better. There is no step by step guide that's with a damn.

Hmmmm. I found Greg banish advanced tuning book but having trouble locating a beginner version. I'll grab that 1 for sure only $20. Thanks 4 reply.

Advanced Tuner
    Always make sure you copy your stock tune before you change anything. This way you can back to that tune and also reference it.

So I'm Startn to finger this sheeeeeet out. Quick question. Let's say I relearn my ve tables and maf then go change timing. Wood the change in timing change the ve tables and wood I have to relearn. Pe is also something I'm having a hard time understanding. Back to reading. Thanks use guys

Jist learnt spark = cylinder air mass not map sensor. Is this correct?
    Last edited by Kevoscamaro; 07-31-2015 at 10:09 AM.

Wooooo hoooooo. My hp pro came in yesterday. I'm Startn to relize what some of this stuff I'm readn means now. I don't wanna hook it up yet cuz I still don't feel like I no twat I'm doing.

I scanned the truck n/p jist playn round to get a better idea. NE ways I noticed that when I pop the throttle it said 48 degree timing. Once I finger out how to log the diff histograms n pids ect I'll post up.

Advanced Tuner
    Please stop typing like that. It's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglegoat View Post
    Please stop typing like that. It's annoying.
    Huh?

I'm sorry if I offended you.
    I try not to take stuff as serious as others.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevoscamaro View Post
    Huh?

I'm sorry if I offended you.
    I try not to take stuff as serious as others.
    Just annoying to try and read. Thank you.

So I went to scan my mail order tune and it is locked. My question is am I able to scan/log the Diablo tune so I can compare to the stock settings?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevoscamaro View Post
    So I went to scan my mail order tune and it is locked. My question is am I able to scan/log the Diablo tune so I can compare to the stock settings?
    As far as I know. I've never messed with diablo.

Can someone please link the correct page to tune ve table with wideband. I keep finding how to with ltft/stft. I've been reading so much I'm all kinds of flustered

I did find this. Might be a good stickie.

In a nutshell, off the top of my head:

1. Properly connect your wideband to the MPVI Pro using the built-in*help*file.
    1a. Physically disconnect the MAF (or set the MAF Fail to 0 Hz).
    1b. In your calibration, disable Deceleration Fuel Cut off by setting it to 284*, Disable LTFT's, disable Cat Overtemp Protection. Use the VCM controls to reset the LTFT's.

2. Log the following PID's in the top section of the*Table*Display... remove extraneous PID's so your sample rate will be faster:

- Engine RPM (SAE)
    - Air Fuel Ratio Commanded Hi Res
    - Engine Coolant Temp

3. At the bottom of your table display, there will be two more sections for EIO inputs and EIO outputs. They will be*grayed*out*unless you manually add a device. Remember the EIO input you connected your WB to? Well, find that input in this section, right click that cell and choose 'Insert'. Expand the WB O2*containerand highlight the wideband you have, then close the window.

4. In your Histogram display, I think page 6 or 7 defaults to 'VE - AFR Error'. If not, you can select any page and click the*folder*icon to open the included 'VE - AFR Error.hst'. Once open, it will display an error message if you are not logging the correct PID's to populate the table. Click the configure icon and change*thecell*hits from 0 to a higher value, at least 10, some choose 50.

5. Turn on your wideband and let it warm up, start the car, then start logging. The Errorhistogram*we added earlier will show the percentile difference between what the PCM is requesting, and what the wideband is reporting. Try to hit as many cells as possible using very slow and smooth throttle inputs

Right-click the table with the error values and choose Copy. In the Editor, open the Primary and Secondary (if applicable) VE tables. In the Primary, right-click, choose Paste Special -- Multiple by %. If you have a Secondary table, manually copy the 10, 20, 30, ... rows from the Primary to the Secondary.

Write this calibration, log again, rinse lather repeat for as many cells as you can hit in the histogram. Once your cells are typically below 4% error, then you can start pasting using the 'Multiple by % - Half' in the Primary table (and don't forget to copy to the Seconday if you have one).

So when setting up wb in the pids table, can I just select my wb from the menu or do I have to manually set it up thru the custom user config? I'm trying here but I'm defiantly not good with computers at all.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Kevoscamaro; 08-11-2015 at 02:38 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I use a custom pid. It allows me to use my wb as a lambda sensor. It also allows me to adjust things if there is an issue with ground offset.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglegoat View Post
    I use a custom pid. It allows me to use my wb as a lambda sensor. It also allows me to adjust things if there is an issue with ground offset.
    A quick google search didn't yield much on the difference between wb and lambda. Will you please elaborate for me? I have read in a different section something about lambda as a different unit of measurement but I thought it was all about the AFR in a sense.

Advanced Tuner
    AFR is a conversion of lambda. It is just another way of measuring the same thing. It simply eliminates the assumption of which AFR to use.

Advanced Tuner
    Even setting your maf fail and setting your DTC's to fail after first occurence, sometimes you will still get readings from it which will screw up your data. I had done all of that and was running a speed density tune and when I removed the maf from the system physically, there was still a huge difference.

Really recommend putting a separate IAT sensor in or maybe you could cut the maf ground and put in a quick connect... Keep in mind there are two grounds in the five wire maf, one for the built in IAT and one for the maf...

Or if you have a 3 wire maf, then just disconnect it