Thread: Manual LS3, Spark drop after gear shift???

Tuner

Manual LS3, Spark drop after gear shift???

I have a strange problem with this bloody car.

When accelerating hard or even "briskly", there is a spark drop when getting back on the throttle after the gear change. It feels like a flatspot as soon as you get back on the gas, and I'll be buggered if I can find where this spark drop comes from

I have attached the tune and a log.

Help

LS3 Manual tune 8.hpt

LS3 Manual bad shifts.hpl

don't know what your car is there are lots of differences between yours and a ls3 camaro i am tuning but your pe settings seem off a little low maybe. i'm not a crazy pro but here is the camaro's tune for pe setting reference. also his log.kylevettetweaked3.hptkyletweak2.hpl
    just figured it's a good point of reference if u go to histogram 1 and click lowest or the minus button. watch it. whenever u shift and the rpm dips you end up in the .12 line and you end up negative on spark. note i have high ait in this log creating more negative spark. we rectified that since then. so he doesn't get neg anymore.
    Last edited by Howes; 07-27-2015 at 09:18 PM.

Tuner
    Thanks for your post Howes.
    That's what I don't get..... When the RPM dips on the gear change, why does the spark go to that low number??? None of the spark tables have those numbers....
    Even if the spark goes up to the .12 line, it should still have heaps of spark...

Tuner
    Perhaps it could be "M6 Spark Smoothing"??? I'll disable that and see how it goes....

so you have some of your torque management isstill enabled....spark and etc. i don't know how hard your brisk acceleration is but could it be torque management banging your spark down for a second. to check just disable it and rip it again i suppose. check your minimum spark ramp out under spark spark limiters. i'ts not the cause of your concern but something is putting you there. but it is as low as you can go.

Tuner
    Disabled M6 Spark Smoothing and it's perfect now...

Thanks for the tips Howes.

You could also reduce the high torque gain on the spark smoothing and keep it enabled - this way you will still have smoothing where it's needed such as low speed stuff in carparks etc. I disabled it completely once and it felt like I'd forgotten how to drive a manual when idling around at walking pace in 2nd gear.