Thread: Perhaps a little advice?

Potential Tuner

Perhaps a little advice?

Hello everyone,
    i have researched and tinkered a ton and i just cant seem to get this tune figured out for my truck, i have a 1997 Gmc c1500 that i put a 02 5.3 and the 4l60e from the 02 in i bought the hp tuners and i have been trying to teach myself some things with it but i believe i have actually set myself back, the truck doesn't seem to have ANY power out of the hole, it wont even do a burn out (not my objective but i believe it should do one) i have the stock 4l60e trans ( i am getting ready to put the corvette servo into it) and its a stock 5.3 it has absolutly NO performance upgrades at this time as i didnt want to throw money into upgrades when i cant even make it have normal power i will be attaching log files from today as well as the tune that is in the truck right now i am at my wits end and i am about to go with a carb, i dont want to do that because my plan is eventully to twin turbo the truck and id like to keep the fuel injection because i have heard that it can be down right nasty i am just looking for a little advice here, i DO NOT have a wide band i dont have the pro version of hp tuners and dont want to spend the money on upgrading that id rather save it to upgrade my truck anyone who wants to take a peek and offer some advice i would be eternally grateful if i left any information out that is needed please let me know and i will do my best to update as of right now its a 2002 cable drive 5.3 stock with stock manifolds and cats rear 02s have been disabled, stock 4l60e i have 4.56 gears in the rear end (hoping that would help me but it really didnt) any more info needed please let me know thanks in advance to anyone and everyone willing to offer advice

jims truck trial 7-23.hpt7-26.hpl7-261.hpl

I would return the PE MAP enable back to 55+ kpa, it should not be set so low at 4 kpa.

Return the throttle % for PE back to 50-60%, because at 10% and 4 kpa and 1250 rpm delay, it would want to be in PE all the time.

Also, are you really running 35in tires??

Those are not going to help at all, thats way way too much weight to try it make it fast out of the hole. You also did not switch the gear ratio in the tune to 4.56's, it's still set to the stock 3.73's gears.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I would return the PE MAP enable back to 55+ kpa, it should not be set so low at 4 kpa.

Return the throttle % for PE back to 50-60%, because at 10% and 4 kpa and 1250 rpm delay, it would want to be in PE all the time.

Also, are you really running 35in tires??

Those are not going to help at all, thats way way too much weight to try it make it fast out of the hole. You also did not switch the gear ratio in the tune to 4.56's, it's still set to the stock 3.73's gears.
    i will make those changes to the tune tonight, thank you for your advice, no i am not running 35's i am running a 225/75/15 mastercraft avenger tire i had changed the gear ratio to 4.56 but the speedo was way out said i was doing like 80 when i was really going about 40 according to my garmin but with the incorrect tire size in there it makes sense it would be off i will address these issues tonight thank you very much 5FDP for your help

Senior Tuner
    Fix your O2 sensors. They are both stick at 450mv. Are they unplugged?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    Fix your O2 sensors. They are both stick at 450mv. Are they unplugged?
    No they are not unplugged i did repin the 2002 o2 sensors to the 97 plugs and hooked them up perhaps i repined them wrong but both the 97 connectors were labeled a-b-c-d and i repined accordingly