Thread: Newbie Tune help 02 corevette procharger

Potential Tuner

Newbie Tune help 02 corevette procharger

Hi,
    I'm trying to track down a gremlin in my current tune. The car was re-tuned for my 60lb injectors, racetronix fuel pump/hot wire kit, and long tube headers. After the tune I'm getting a hesitation at low RPM and engine under load ( slight grade on highway or on ramp). I logged it and I'm seeing knock retard. I have thrown a P101 code at times as well.

My mods are Procharger with 9psi., long tube headers, racetronix fuel pump with hot wire kit, 60lb. injectors, and currently disabled for troubleshooting a AEM water Meth kit.

The MAF is staock and descreened.

Reading the log I'm concerned my timing might be too high at the low RPM but don't want to pull timing just because.

Attached is the current tune and a scan of the P101 when it sees KR and throws it. The code is at the end.

Thanks for any help and/or insight.

Tom
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    You could always upgrade to a RTT OS and then you can pull your timing, check, adjust, check etc. If it doesn't get rid of the problem then don't commit the tables into the editor and flash.

Potential Tuner
    Mark by RTT I'm assuming that is real time tuning OS? Does Hp Tuners offer the upgrade?

I don't mind flashing adjustments in the low RPM timing and possibly adjusting the sensitivity of the knock sensors if others agree that is probably the direction I should head. It really runs good otherwise... I just don't want to start throwing changes at it without a reason.

Anyone else have any comments or thoughts?

Thanks and I appreciate any and all feed back!

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, the real time tuning. When you have your tune loaded up in the editor, if you click on the OS tab (next to engine) it will show if any custom OS's are available for you