Thread: PE AFR Help!

PE AFR Help!

Before I get into the question here is the information about my car.
    2010 Camaro SS L99
    Single turbo with supporting mods

I am currently running MAF only, and the tune at idle and part throttle are good. Being new to tuning is there a trick or better way to tune the WOT?
    Im currently making a pass looking at the scan (WB compared to commanded and adjusting the maf table and making another pass.
    How do I get the flat AFR mine is all over the place. I command 11.5 and it fluctuates between 11.8 & 10.5
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by scv_guy; 07-25-2015 at 03:07 PM.

Is COT still active??

That can change AFR.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

COT disabled

Tuner
    When you view your "MAF Airflow vs. Output Frequency" in the 2D graph, full screen, does it still have the SMOOTH elongated S-shape, or is it bumpy?
    MAF-S-Shape.png

I attached my current tune, please feel free to give me feedback and keep in mind I'm new at this so there may be something that are obvious to you that I may have missed.

Tuner
    Hey, I'm no expert at this either. I just try to give back where I can.
    Your MAF curve is missing the bend at the 10k. So, that probably contributes to the problem. quoting a website that i've seen "Keep in mind the MAF is a 3rd order polynomial, and the curve is there for a reason. "
    If you want, I can post my MAF table and you can copy my higher numbers as a starting point for yours.

You "might" need to richen your EQ ratio too, but it's probably good. I'm so used to seeing e85 that likes being richer than gas. And unless your turbo is spooling slowly, you might want to increase the EQ numbers starting at a lower RPM.

Tuner

MAF table

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    is your injector data correct and fuel pressure consistent
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    is your injector data correct and fuel pressure consistent
    The injector data is correct as far as I know, it was supplied by the injector manufacture DeatschWerks.
    The fuel pressure is good

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by scv_guy View Post
    The injector data is correct as far as I know, it was supplied by the injector manufacture DeatschWerks.
    The fuel pressure is good
    I don't think your injector data is very good. With bad injector data you build a lot of irregularities into the MAF curve, and now your PE AFR is constantly changing because it's following all those irregularities in the MAF curve.

Quote Originally Posted by 02statesman View Post
    I don't think your injector data is very good. With bad injector data you build a lot of irregularities into the MAF curve, and now your PE AFR is constantly changing because it's following all those irregularities in the MAF curve.
    The question is how would one know if the injector data is good or bad?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by scv_guy View Post
    The question is how would one know if the injector data is good or bad?
    The better the injector data, the better the tuning results will be in MAF only mode. The VE table is more forgiving towards bad injector data, so you can usually get a reasonable tune in speed density even if the injector data is crap.

The better the injector data, the better the tuning results will be in MAF only mode. The VE table is more forgiving towards bad injector data, so you can usually get a reasonable tune in speed density even if the injector data is crap.
    Well being I'm a beginner this is what I did, I used the supplied injector data. The engine started up with no issues, idled well and was drivable. I tuned the MAF table for part throttle and it was not off by to much.
    Once happy with the MAF part throttle tune (LTFT -2%) I set the PE to 1.245 (11.8) without meth and made a pass and got 13.0 on the WB.
    I added 10% to the MAF table from 6000-15000 that helped but at that point I was not sure if that was the correct why of tuning or was there something wrong that I was not aware of being new to tuning.

Tuner
    What you were not aware of is that sometimes the injector manufacturer's supplied data is crap.

There's two ways you can tune this out... you can tune the MAF for WOT and let the part throttle trims work a bit harder, or you can tune for part throttle and fudge the PE table to give you the actual PE you want at WOT.

What you were not aware of is that sometimes the injector manufacturer's supplied data is crap.

There's two ways you can tune this out... you can tune the MAF for WOT and let the part throttle trims work a bit harder, or you can tune for part throttle and fudge the PE table to give you the actual PE you want at WOT.
    I'm I understanding you correctly, you say not to make any adjustments to the WOT MAF to correct the PE?
    I should fudge the PE table to correct the AFR?

Tuner
    With bad injector data, you have to de-calibrate your MAF curve to get reasonable part throttle trims but this means your PE fueling is wrong... with your tune, you've ended up lean at WOT. You can fudge your PE table to get your WOT fueling richer, or you can tune the entire MAF curve for WOT but then your trims will work a lot harder because part throttle fueling will be wrong. You'll never be able to tune the MAF to get good part throttle and WOT fueling at the same time while you're using bad injector data... you'll have to fudge something.

With bad injector data, you have to de-calibrate your MAF curve to get reasonable part throttle trims but this means your PE fueling is wrong... with your tune, you've ended up lean at WOT. You can fudge your PE table to get your WOT fueling richer, or you can tune the entire MAF curve for WOT but then your trims will work a lot harder because part throttle fueling will be wrong. You'll never be able to tune the MAF to get good part throttle and WOT fueling at the same time while you're using bad injector data... you'll have to fudge something.
    So if I had the correct injector data to begin with, how would my tuning be different? I would still have to dial in part throttle and WOT?

Deatschwerks injector data is good as long as you entered it properly for the corresponding part number for the inj. you have then all should be well on that end. I use DW a lot with great results.

I'm a bit confused, can you look at my tune and maybe I missed something.