Thread: Start up tune

Tuner in Training

Start up tune

After hours of reading and browsing the forums, i figured i would just make a post. I just finished my top end build with AFR 220s and Fast102/102 and 52lb injectors. It will start, but runs quite rich as the wideband is reading around 11-12.1 I do not want to run it for long with it running this rich, it also has a surging idle. I am trying to adjust it, but i am not sure where to start first. Do i try to get the IAC tuned in, or do i adjust for a proper fuel ratio?

I have put in the injector data that was sent to me from the company. I am not sure exactly what to adjust for the larger intake and throttle body. I would appreciate any insight on this. Thank you!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    98' Formula M6

Tuner in Training
    So I found out the TP Volts were reading too high and clocked the TPS accordingly. I turned off the MAF and LTFTs, DFCO, Cat over temp protection and began logging. Noticed I then had no IAC, closed the blade a little more until the IAC was reading good counts, you can see the change in the logs. Then changed the VE tables accordingly to the AFR% Error Histogram. I was only able to log it for awhile until it began to surge and then nearly stall, so i turned it off. When i would turn it back on, it did not seem to want to run at all once it got closer to operating temperature, i forgot to log that though. Where should i look to change to kind of lessen the surge so it can run longer?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    98' Formula M6

First off is there a cam installed? If so what are the specs?

As you have installed a larger TB (102mm) shift the IAC effective area Step table to the right 6 places (14mm2 value of 1 moves to 24mm2 cell) and zero the cells fro 14 to 22. This will let the PCM know a larger TB is installed. You have changed the ETC scalar which isnt used in a DBC setup, but I change it none the less as well to be on the safe side. make the scalar .0149. Vice versa on a DBW I changed the IAC effective area step table as well :-)

Secondly, use the attached .cfg and do a cold start to operating idle scan (RussK) and get the RAF dialed in. Assume the VE is close and you are operating in Speed Density. This should make things happier.

Ed M

Startup and Idle Scan default.cfg
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]