Thread: is there anywhere to adjust the acel enrichment?

Tuner

is there anywhere to adjust the acel enrichment?

having a lean tip in esp when leaving normal from a stop.. goes real lean just a sec then correct afr.. tune otherwise looks great.. doesn't show lean on ltft in the area.

I know on megasquirt and most others have a ae section to adjust I cant find anything that help this issue

accidentally erased my log just now... they really shouldn't have play button beside the start log button.. or not have it enabled when not connected to the tuner. you would think i would have learned by now but nope.... so ill try to get and post log after work

also is there anywhere to adjust the intake air temp vs fueling? tune looks great till after 91deg IAT then starts going lean goes from 0-1 ltft to 7-8 sometimes highter when it gets above that which is common here esp when you cut off car a few min
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by strokedcoupe; 07-24-2015 at 12:51 PM.
    67 camaro 6.0lq4 turbo build in process
    89 mustang coupe ls1 80mmturbo, holley dominator efi on e85
    02 lexus is300 lq4, cam,headers,fast 92 intake
    and no there isnt anything in my yard unmodified

Advanced Tuner
    Are you talking about power enrichment? Sounds like it (gotta love the terminology differences)

Engine>fuel>power enrichment>EQ ratio

Next to that is also add vs IAT... Not sure if that is what you are looking for

I was under the impression that the IAT actually had a stronger effect on the spark timing

Engine>spark>Advance>IAT spark

Hope this helps

Tuner
    no A E is kind of like accelerator pump in carb.. it add the extra squirt of gas when you tap the throttle.. then the iat problem it is going lean when hot air intake temps .. I know I can adjust in most other types of efi just haven't found anything in hp tuners to do that

Tuner
    two different issues.. one iat is anywhere in ve table shows lean above 92ish iat... the A.E> problem is all the time from 0 throttle when you give throttle to leave stoplight it kind of falls on face a split sec then takes off fine... no big gaps in ve table didn't use to do this but I have changed allot lately

Advanced Tuner
    I have heard that GM was a little over careful regarding the higher IAT temp adjustments. I had a similar problem until I realized that my IAT was really inaccurate.

Sorry I though the PE was what you were looking for

Tuner in Training
    Any resolve on this? Were you able to find a AE setting in the software?
    Thanks,
    Dave

Tip in will develop a load transient which will invoke the Blended Airflow model to utilize "filter" from the VE table. First order of business is to make sure you have the correct injector data, Secondly, verify your MAF tuning is accurate with steady state tuning in the area's you are experiencing the issue (actually all MAF should be tuned this way) Thirdly. make sure your have tuned your VE table to at least the 4000 rpm level (High RPM Disable -- where Blended mode is disabled) to make sure the VE corrections are helping and not hurting.

There are others, but these are the basics that I usually find have not been addressed with enough due diligence. Tunes and logs will help if you have to go further.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]