Thread: 2013 Silverado 4.3L/262 tune!

Potential Tuner

Lightbulb 2013 Silverado 4.3L/262 tune!

Looking for a tune for my 'rado. 2013 Silverado 1500 4.3L/262. Only mods CAI and Flowmaster 40's. Any help or direction would be appreciated. I'm a certifiable noob (just bought my HP tuner).

Tuner in Training
    1. learn how to scan
    2. learn how to download and make a copy of your current file/tune
    3. read, read... read.

Potential Tuner
    I have made a copy of my ECM, and have been tinkering around. I won't apply it to my truck until I'm damn sure it won't mess anything up and I'll get the aspects I want to improve implemented.

Tuner in Training
    Don't "tinker"... the next step is to learn how to scan and WHAT to scan. Next learn to understand what you are looking at. At that point, places to improve things will fall into place slowly.

Follow the basics and at least at the start, follow the golden rule of 1 scan... 1 change. That way if anything bad happens, you know exactly what caused it.

Tuner in Training
    im having the same problem. I to cant find any body that wants to answer any ? I may have. just keep it at scan and change pace. It will take some time.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by fast43 View Post
    im having the same problem. I to cant find any body that wants to answer any ? I may have. just keep it at scan and change pace. It will take some time.
    I highly doubt that you can't find anybody on here that won't answer any of your questions. Being that was your first post above.

But most of the people on this forum do not have the time to sit and work every person through how to tune each and every vehicle. The best advice someone can give, is to read, read, read. Go through the forums and find topics that relate to your vehicle or issue or question. There are several good write ups and how-to's on this forum for starters. Just have to find them and read them very carefully. And there are even dvd and videos that are for sell that help and will answer almost every new beginner question.

But if you have a question about your tune that you have or would like someone to look it over, just post it to the forum and ask someone to look it over for you and most likely someone will reply with help.

If you have a issue that you are having, post up a log of the vehicle and someone will most likely help.