Thread: O2 sensor delete

O2 sensor delete

Hello I have an 04 Silverado that is pretty nutted out with a whipple supercharger and water methanol injection and heads 602 lift cam and all the rest to support. I was curious if anyone knew how you delete the rear O2 sensors and maybe any tuning tips to get anything extra out of her thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raddtadd View Post
    Hello I have an 04 Silverado that is pretty nutted out with a whipple supercharger and water methanol injection and heads 602 lift cam and all the rest to support. I was curious if anyone knew how you delete the rear O2 sensors and maybe any tuning tips to get anything extra out of her thanks
    First answer -- Engine Diagnostics and any dtcs that talk O2 sensor "2" hit "X" for no report.

Second part of your answer is to tune....not being a smart ass but that is what you need to do with a wideband O2 sensor for sure..

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Oh alright sweet thanks. And well i have a pretty good tune on it was just curious if anyone had any tricks or anything and I have wideband on it the only problem I've really been having is it says my air/fuel ratio will go real lean during hard acceleration. How would I correct it so it wouldn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Raddtadd View Post
    Oh alright sweet thanks. And well i have a pretty good tune on it was just curious if anyone had any tricks or anything and I have wideband on it the only problem I've really been having is it says my air/fuel ratio will go real lean during hard acceleration. How would I correct it so it wouldn't?
    If I said the following, will it help?

First thing to do is collect some logs and see what is going on being careful not to exceed AFR limits going dangerously lean. Based on those findings, develop a tuning startegy which might go as this...put the car in open loop, log your MAF or VE (depending if in Speed Density or not) using you AFR Error PID or 100*(WB-Commanded AFR)/Commanded AFR. Take the resultant scanned error data from your AFR Error Histogram and copy/paste multiply MAF/VE table until you have +/- 2-3% error. Work slowly up the load (higher MAP) until you have populated enough og the table....some hand smoothing will probably be requied from time to time.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Mowton not trying to hijack this thread but i been asking me this, Lets say i get a car that have new exhaust system and just have the front 02 sensors and i have to do a widewand on it. Can i unplug the driver side one and put my 02 wideband sensor? If i can will the car act up or what can i do to the tune?
    I know if i go open loop i will have to calibrate the whole MAF table or VE if using either one.

Quote Originally Posted by 02Ls1 View Post
    Mowton not trying to hijack this thread but i been asking me this, Lets say i get a car that have new exhaust system and just have the front 02 sensors and i have to do a widewand on it. Can i unplug the driver side one and put my 02 wideband sensor? If i can will the car act up or what can i do to the tune?
    I know if i go open loop i will have to calibrate the whole MAF table or VE if using either one.
    Yes you can. As all may know, I am a belt and suspenders guy so to be sure, I set all the Sensor 1 o2 dtc's to x - no report (I have seen some OS's go fail-open loop and have had some unexplained results) and as you said put the PCM in open Loop. Tune way. The when done, I would move it over to the other bank and just do a quick cursory check to make sure that bank is in line with the other.

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 07-22-2015 at 11:44 PM.

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Yes you can. As all may know, I am a belt and suspenders guy so to be sure, I set all the Sensor 1 o2 dtc's to x - no report (I have seen some OS's go fail-open loop and have had some unexplained results) and as you said put the PCM in open Loop. Tune way. The when done, I would move it over to the other bank and just do a quick cursory check to make sure that bank is in line with the other.

Ed M
    Ok, doing that the car has to be in open loop and the LTFT - STFT disable to right, and after calibrating the MAF/VE can I leave it open loop and LTFT/STFT disable? I have read that after finishing calibrating I can go back to closed loop and enable at least the STFT's or I can just leave it in open loop with STFT disable or open loop and STFT enable.
    If I weld an extra o2 bung for my wideband can I calibrate MAF/VE in closed loop and LTFT/STFT have to be disable or can it be enable?

Sorry for this questions but I been checking my car and doing some tests on it.
    Last edited by 02Ls1; 07-27-2015 at 11:30 PM.