Thread: Nitrous Tune, Desperately need help

Potential Tuner

Nitrous Tune, Desperately need help

Need some advice on what I need to change everything to in order for the truck to run correctly on nitrous. I want to run a 175 shot

Mod list
    -226/232 .578/.587 112lsa
    -Longtubes
    -Edlebrock Highrise
    -92mm throttle body
    -NX Wet Plate kit
    -Longtubes
    -Built trans( I mean completely built RPM transmission of course with a 2800 stall)
    -Stock 862 Heads
    -Will get BR7 plugs as well

Please any help in the right direction would be much appreciated.

has it already been properly tuned without the nitrous? Post up your tune file.
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

Potential Tuner
    Yes sir it has, let me post it for you.

Advanced Tuner
    if been tuned N/A , I normally leave that as is and just tune the NOS through the Fuel/NOS jet's to get your Lambda spot-on with a aid of a wideband...One thing with NOS and mixtures get it right/spot-on it works a treat but get it wrong ie Rich/lean say goodbye to your intake with a backfire...Cheers Bret@ultimatelsxtuning

Same as he stated. But on a 175 shot i'd probably be looking to pull a bit of timing out of it from a max effort all motor tune. 1.5-2 degrees per 50 hp nitrous is a good starting point. You def need to be verifying fuel.
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tramotorsports View Post
    Same as he stated. But on a 175 shot i'd probably be looking to pull a bit of timing out of it from a max effort all motor tune. 1.5-2 degrees per 50 hp nitrous is a good starting point. You def need to be verifying fuel.
    One trick is to set up the IAT retard table to actually pull timing as the IATs drop (NOS spraying). As the IATS go back up based On normal gas then timing is put back in. This works as long as the IAT sensor is in the MAF or at the input of the Throttle Bodybehind the NOS Jets.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

First I would not try 175 from the get go. I usually start at the lowest you can do with the kit you have. In my case I have a tone of jets so I will start with 75 then go up.

Second I pull 2 degrees timing for every 50 I add. So I start with 75 I pull 3 degrees of timing. I tune my WOT with WB until I am running the correct AFR that works for the setup. Then I add timing and ensure I watch for any detonation.

Then I add 50 hp shot and do it all over again, until Im too the 175. Takes some time but This way will get it right. I prefer to us a wet kit no matter what level and tune my on NOS with jets till it is perfect.