Thread: 1997 chevy k1500 r motor 5.7

1997 chevy k1500 r motor 5.7

so tried to read entire Tonight on my 1997 k1500 r motor because i want to try and see if there are options to avoid taking my personal plow rig truck trans out and apart. i will spend the $100 to tune to either boost pressure and or shut off tcc and p1870. it won't read. i remember somewhere i read about these trucks being different than the norm gen 3 and need to do something first?.?. please let me know what i am missing. i know it's kicking around somewhere around here. i just ain't no good at lookin.

found i think what is my answer and it's to swap in a 411 from a 98 00 truck. let me know please guys?.?.

Senior Tuner
    Hpt coverage starts with 98-00 black box pcm which is a pretty straight forward swap. The 0411 was used in 2001-2002 ecpress vans with the 5.7 and is more involved but gives you more tune ability. Either option will work, research which is best for you. Google will show instructions and wiring diagrams available on other sites.

best option is buy a newer truck with less miles and abuse. it's oiled up now but he already has a small hole in the cross member cancer everywhere a soft trans blown front diff and random intermittent electrical issues. i can always patch him up and run him till he poops. just was hoping i could just boost his trans pressures to help the slipping converter or shut off tcc. oh well even w/ a free pcm it ain't worth the effort.

Potential Tuner
    just swap in the 411 pcm i just did mine its not that hard and only took about to hrs from start to having it running and driving