Thread: 2007 1500 Vortec Mac Help

Tuner in Training

2007 1500 Vortec Mac Help

Just bought the truck and love it so far. It's not a race truck- I really just want it to pull well and be reliable. Went to the depository and found the attached tune that seemed to match up perfect. Compared both files side by side and changed all relevant items. The truck definitely seems to be running better but heres the issue. When going about 50 60 mph and give her some gas to kick down, the truck will kick down and then the traction control light flashes and then truck goes into limp mode. Clear the code and its fine until you kick it down again. Does do this with the stock tune of course- I double checked. Any help would be great since everything else seems to be on point so far. I'm a little familiar with tuning but no pro by any means so if there are things in this tune that dont need to be changed with this being a DD and setup for towing, please don't hold back.

Also, if someone is super confident and has a great tune for this truck, I wouldnt hesitate to work out a deal monetarily Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Any codes when it goes into limp mode? How about a log of the event?

What mods are in the truck?

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 07-20-2015 at 09:17 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    I appreciate the help first and foremost! After going back to some of the factory settings on the tranny it seems fine now. It was throwing a code of p0606. control module internal performance. I have attached the last tune after making those adjustments and some timing adjustments as well. If you can, take a look and any suggestions of changes are much appreciated. This isn't something I'm super great at and I don't let my ego get in the way.

No mods on the truck, 100% stock. I will probably do a cai and maybe a muffler in the near future but for now its just stock.

Tuner in Training
    heres the last log before i got it fixed.. for what ever reason i didnt save the other correctly when it was shutting down like that. You woudl kick it down and then once it reached about 4 k it would literraly just cut off, -Not die but limp mode. dash said traction control and stability control error or something like that and then it would say reduced engine power.

Tuner in Training
    Do those logs and tunes help at all? Appreciate any time put in to looking at them!

Advanced Tuner
    I had this problem with my ctsv. See if you can trigger this condition with key on engine off by working the gas pedal as if you were going 50-60 and then "hammering it".

If you can trigger REP with the car off and just with the gas pedal it's usually an incorrect throttle adjustment / map / setting.

Tuner in Training
    I appreciate the advise!! I posted another post with the final tune and think i resolved the issue... Take a look if you can and see if you'd do anythign different. Post header is _ First tune- Take a LOOKSEE

thanks again and much appreciated