Thread: Problem with command AFR ( may be a bug ?)

Problem with command AFR ( may be a bug ?)

hi

I finished tuning VE table at WOT with the commanded AFR set to 12.7 and actual AFR is between 12.6 ~ 12.7 . Now the problem is when I command 10.8 AFR and retard a few degree for Dry nitrous shot . The actual AFR become in the 9 range ( nitrous off ) , this does not make any sense , this problem didn't happen before, the only change is software update. and am sure the commanded AFR was 10.8 I saw it in the scanner.

The car is C5 Z06 2003

Advanced Tuner
    Log/tune? Open loop? Closed loop? Do you have a log/tune from before?

Quote Originally Posted by s57_s2k View Post
    hi

I finished tuning VE table at WOT with the commanded AFR set to 12.7 and actual AFR is between 12.6 ~ 12.7 . Now the problem is when I command 10.8 AFR and retard a few degree for Dry nitrous shot . The actual AFR become in the 9 range ( nitrous off ) , this does not make any sense , this problem didn't happen before, the only change is software update. and am sure the commanded AFR was 10.8 I saw it in the scanner.

The car is C5 Z06 2003
    These may be simple questions but....was COT disabled? Retarding the spark will increase the exhaust temp if nitrous is off. Did you have MAF fail high = 0? Did you have DTC P0101-103 set to fail on first error? When you say commanded AFR I am assuming you mean the Power Enrichment table, not the Open Loop.

Awaiting tune and log as well.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    These may be simple questions but....was COT disabled? Retarding the spark will increase the exhaust temp if nitrous is off. Did you have MAF fail high = 0? Did you have DTC P0101-103 set to fail on first error? When you say commanded AFR I am assuming you mean the Power Enrichment table, not the Open Loop.

Awaiting tune and log as well.

Ed M
    SD enhanced tune , openloop , COT disabled , MAF fail high set to 0 , retarding 6 degree when nitrous on , DTC P0101-103 set to fail on second error and yes I meant Power Enrichment , set to 10.8 when nitrous is on. I dont have Log right now but I will do another test to find out if retarding the timing ( by a good amount ) affects AFR.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by s57_s2k View Post
    SD enhanced tune , openloop , COT disabled , MAF fail high set to 0 , retarding 6 degree when nitrous on , DTC P0101-103 set to fail on second error and yes I meant Power Enrichment , set to 10.8 when nitrous is on. I dont have Log right now but I will do another test to find out if retarding the timing ( by a good amount ) affects AFR.
    These dtc's have to be fail on first error to enter SD...

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]