Thread: Knock, Knock..... why the knock?

Knock, Knock..... why the knock?

05 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 4x4 6.0 gasser, 4L80E. Long tube headers, no cats, flowmasters with turndowns, throttle body spacer, CAI, I tuned this truck for truck pulls a few years ago. I have slowly modified this tune over the last couple seasons. Does pretty solid. Pulled 317 feet tonite. Last season I noticed in my logs a little bit of knock retard in the higher rpms. Tonite it got a little higher than I am comfortable with. Heres the log and the tune. We run 100 octane during the pulls.
    peoria15.hpl
    crazy2ss.hpt
    Thanks for any and all help!!!

Not sure if this is a factor or not, but it seems that you left the performance enrichment tables stock and I can't tell if ever even enters PE.

The enrichment rate is still factory, the 5500 rpm delay and 60 second delay are still there. Atleast on that tune you posted. The o2's never stay steady as if it has entered PE, it should swing "rich" and be in the low .900mv range.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

To fix that, just lower the delay time and lower the rpm for where it enter PE? If so, where is a good point? Just below where the knock begins?
    And thanks for the response!!! Much appreciated

Assuming you want it on the power right away, just set the delay time to 0 seconds and the RPM delay to like 2000 rpm.

Then I'd set the enrichment rate for the fuel from .0095 or whatever the factory is and put it to 1.0 to 1.5. That should allow the truck to enter PE quickly right after you stab the throttle.

I'm not saying that is going to fix the knock issue but those are just things I would be doing to the truck/tune.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.