Thread: VE problems on this open loop SD mode file.

VE problems on this open loop SD mode file.

I'm working on this file is a 6.0 motor with cam, LT headers, 241's p&p heads, vic jr intake, 3600 converter and 410's.
    It's a project that I finish but I'm having problems dialing the VE tabe. I got a wiring harness that did not had the o2 sensors wires at all, the connections where cut. So I decide to go SD open loop not using no 02 sensors. It runs good airfuel its right on point at cuise mode and WOT, the only thing its that at a low rpm around 800 to 1600 my kpa goes to 80 to 95 and ask for fuel I have give fuel and it still ask for more fuel airfuel ratio goes to 15.5 and wants to cut off. I've been running on open loop SD on other vehicles and haven't have this problem.
    Attached Files Attached Files

A log would be stellar
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

I'll get one in a few minute, I tough I had saved one.

Here's the log, now it did't do it to much but if you pay attention around 2,000 - 2,400 rpm at 60 -65 kpa it changes from 14:7 to high 15's and that makes the truck a little weird, now at the end of the log i was trying to get the 800 - 1,600 rpm at 80 - 85 kpa airfuel it did't but not to much, theres times were the truck chokes on her self and wants to backfire, It doe not do it all the time.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Cam specs?

I boight the motor with the cam so I really dont know the cam specs.

Kinda need to know lifts and durations for better idea of tune. Easy to get from rockers and a dial indicator and some time.
    2001 Z28 (Black-6 Speed converted to 4L60E) - Holley Hi-Ram LS3 Iron 6.0 bored/stroked 408 Forged Internals 11.4:1CR (anticipate 475+RWHP) Moser M9 35-spline Posi Strange center 3.00:1 gears - Best 1/4 Mile: 12.18 @ 113.15 (3360# race weight) when near stock --- No new times yet ---
    BMR tubular front L/U a-arms and k-member. UMI Adj. T/A and adjustable rear LCA's, Spohn PHR and Dragbar. !Air!,!P/S!,!TCC/ABS!.

Damnnn, so nothing like this have happen to anyone and got it fix?
    Or what can cause this?

So while I don't see any idle events in the log you posted, there were some times when you went closed throttle and low rpms at which the MAP was like 70-75 kPa. My first inclination is to say that you are sporting a pretty decent size cam whch isnt developing a lot of vacumn at idle due to overlap. That being said, and with nothing else to go on, I woud say that you are throwing more fuel at a false lean situation.

If the cam is as big as I think, then I would be taking a hefty amount of VE out of the 400-1200 rpm area around idle to pull fuel. Large cams are very inefficient at low rpm area's and need less VE/MAF than when the cam comes alive.

Try reducing the fueling in the area's where you are having the issue.

Also try adding 10% to the injection Timing>Normal table to help counteract the short circuiting of raw fuel being pulled through exhaust due to the cm overlap.

If I am wrong about the cam, then all this may be moot.

Can you give us an idle scan please

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]