Thread: So I think I screwed myself out of some licenses... Is there a way to recover?

Tuner

So I think I screwed myself out of some licenses... Is there a way to recover?

I have a couple of spare PCM's for my 1974 GMC swap and wanted to keep one licensed as my "working" PCM and once licensed as my spare PCM. I had thought there was a way to make the spare show up as the same VIN so that I could throw the spare on the shelf without spending licenses in case my PCM issues aren't solved permanently yet (I bricked two PCM's due to bad grounds previously). I ended up spending the 2 license files to connect to that second PCM in order to program it... Where did I go wrong? Is there a way to recover those licenses and write that PCM to be the same VIN as the one currently running in my truck??? It's not quite the way I wanted to spend those licenses... I had plans for them (convert to 3 bar speed density OS and tune my fathers truck is the way I wanted to spend those GM licences). Or did I just plan misunderstand how the license files are supposed to work?
    2015 Chevy Silverado Z71 LTZ 6.2 A8
    1974 GMC Super 1500 (5.3, LS9 cam, Ebay Long Tubes, 3" stainless duals, Summit 3" stainless welded mufflers, dumps, 4L65E Monster Transmission)

Tuner
    Licenses are attached to each PCM by VIN AND by the serial number.. 2 PCM's for one truck will still need to be licensed as 2 PCM's, even if they have the same vin..

Senior Tuner
    If you update your software, converting to 3-bar is now free. Just download the newest version of 2.24 from your customer center.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat