Thread: Running problems, rich, crazy negative STFT HELP

Tuner in Training

Running problems, rich, crazy negative STFT HELP - Bolt on only L33

Hey Guys,

Ive been trying to read through a bunch of tuning how-to's and information to figure out what is going on with my car. Think im starting to get grey hairs over this car at 24 LOL.

Anyways, this is a L33 5.3L swap, T56 transmission, LS1 intake, stock internals, LS1 injectors and rails, long tube headers, catless H piped true dual exhaust with dynomax race bullet mufflers, intake elbow that doesnt work well to get cold air in (Need to isolate filter in cramped RX8 engine bay)

I am completely stumped on what is happening with this car, it had run phenomenal for the first 4000miles, but now it has developed driveability issues in the past couple weeks. I am having an intermittent issue where it feels like the car suddenly looses half of its cylinders, it doesnt code, o2's on both sides peg to max volts, have no power, engine struggles to stay running as i push the clutch in, then will all of the sudden clean itself up and start running perfect again with oscillating O2's.

Oxygen sensors were brand new with engine swap, I did see a P0101 code at the very end of my data logging session last night. It first went into this running issue last week, I pulled the MAF sensor out and cleaned it with electrical contact cleaner and it seemed to improve. Watching my scan, it appears that my MAF is giving acceptable readings?

The engine is a 2005 L33, engine harness was from a 02 Escalade with DBW, and the computer is from a 99 Corvette that I've tried to do some work in it to make the 5.3L run okay with it, it worked great initially but seems to have made a turn for the worst.

Inspection of the plugs show it has been running pretty rich.

I apologize if I am asking basic questions, have been using my HPTuners for duramax tuning mostly, and otherwise basic VATS elimination and things to make the car run right. Trying to learn as I go, but having a bit of a brain melt down trying to understand what is happening here.

Ive attached a few logs from driving it last night and the current tune on it.

Forgive me if my tune is a little rough, still learning
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SheldonZ28; 07-07-2015 at 02:26 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Okay guys, I have been trying to compare a stock L33 bin to my setup that Ive been trying to clean up the corvette tune on the PCM I have now.

This is the outcome of it, going to give it a shot tonight. Hat's off to you guys who know this well, I went to school for automotive engineering and this stuff is very intensive!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Did you isolate any electrical issues? Seems that if it ran ok for 400 miles. It's not the tune...

Have you made sure it's a electrical issue? Seems that if it ran good for 400 miles... Then it's not the tune. Just my thoughts. I'm a novice yet.

Tuner in Training
    I have been trying to sort through some of the harness in the car to look for any issues within that but have come up empty handed so far. I originally thought maybe wiring to oxygen sensors but then I am reading if they go to max mV its normally not wiring related, and the thing is both banks are doing the same thing with intermittently going up top then suddenly it smooths out and they start oscillating properly again.

My STFT 's seem to be way negative, but when it goes into the issue where oxygen sensors peg to max, my fuel trims all go to 0