Thread: lnf tuning question.

Tuner in Training

lnf tuning question.

So, I have a question for those of you that have tuned an lnf. What's the max fuel rail pressure you guys have ran on the stock fuel system? And can someone explain what raising the fuel rail pressure does for the injector? I'm assuming the more pressure. The less time it has to stay open because it's pushing the fuel out faster. Also, what I know on let's say an ls motor, 80% injector cycle is what you want to stay under. Is it the same for a direct injected motor? Or do I want to stay lower? Thanks for any help you guys can lend.
    Last edited by cptn2469; 07-06-2015 at 11:01 PM.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    2700psi starts the issues give or take a few depending on the Injectors coil strength. On di the gain isn't huge but it can help. If you raise it and notice fuel trims start going positive you went way too far.

Tuner in Training
    Okay, how about injector cycle. What's the highest percent you want to have for the stock injectors?

7.3ms starts the pudding on some cars. Again injector quality is going to be key in the official limit.

Tuner in Training
    So 7.3ms. Does injector cycle % matter as much? And I get that it will vary I'm just curious. I'm only at 5.2 so I'm no where close. I was just curious how much injector I had left. I'm at 24xx psi. 5.2ms. And 30% injector cycle. So I was just curious how much room I had left.

you can look at injector % but ms tells you all the info you need to map it against other ecu tables so its just not looked at as much. idk the % cap offhand because i only use ms to dictate my headroom.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    What else do I compare it to to determine what my cap is? Thanks for all the help I really appreciate it

cams, ignition, fuel trims
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman