Thread: 2.2 2008 - seems to hit a wall around 3500 rpm

Potential Tuner

2.2 2008 - seems to hit a wall around 3500 rpm

Hi!

We were running this tune on a turbo setup last year. We switched to intercooled tvs setup. we then tuned the low frequency table. running fine. then when we tried to tune the high frequency table, the car is acting like it hit a wall. we see a bit of knock when it happens. we tried to change timing, does not seems to affect the issue. We have seen some correlation when this happen. issue happen between 3200-4000 rpm, at 54-55% tps, and at about 16% injector duty.

we are a bit lost.

2me autoroute.hpl
    3me autoroute.hpl
    4e autoroute.hpl
    lasttune.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Definitely something causing it to lose/cut rom signal. You can try changing the piston protection under Fuel/ Power Enrichment, raise it up above 7200 and give it a shot to see if that help out. If not, I would like into something mechanical or maybe even electrical. It is losing rpm signal which is weird. Do you have a wideband installed? And why are you running open loop?

Advanced Tuner
    I would enable closed loop and long term fuel trims and dial MAF calibration in off of fuel trims for all the areas not in PE and using a AFR Error % for all areas while in PE.

Potential Tuner
    I found the issue, a bad crank sensor! thx for the reply tho! :P