Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: changed from a fast 92 to super victor 4150 tb NOW pig rich after a WOT Pull

Tuner in Training

changed from a fast 92 to super victor 4150 tb NOW pig rich after a WOT Pull

402 iron block
    TFS 235
    Super Victor intake with fast 4150 TB
    42# green top injectors
    SPEED DENSITY now

ok so a little back story... i just recently swapped from a fast 92 intake with fast 92 throttle body to the current setup... the car ran perfectly fine before swap... we have dialed in the part throttle table is pretty much within 2% and we were happy with that...

Now after we started dialing in everything above 4k rpm and PE.. the PROBLEM we are having is once it enters PE it goes pig rich(Bogging, fouling plugs) so we let out of throttle and the wideband just stays rich and you can tell its loaded up with fuel bad.. we have pulled 20% fuel out of everything above 4k rpm to try it out and and still does the exact same thing..... we are at a loss after changing plugs, wires, and checked fuel pressure 58psi key on and 58psi idling and driving

im attaching my tune setup for speed density, scan config and 2 logs showing the issues im having

please look over my tune and give me some insight

thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Bump.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by edub80 View Post
    402 iron block
    TFS 235
    Super Victor intake with fast 4150 TB
    42# green top injectors
    SPEED DENSITY now
    going through it now mate, it needs a lot of work sorry to say edub80....i'll get back to you once ive gone through it all, what car its in mate and dbw? cheers Bret@ultimatelsxtuning
    ok so a little back story... i just recently swapped from a fast 92 intake with fast 92 throttle body to the current setup... the car ran perfectly fine before swap... we have dialed in the part throttle table is pretty much within 2% and we were happy with that...

Now after we started dialing in everything above 4k rpm and PE.. the PROBLEM we are having is once it enters PE it goes pig rich(Bogging, fouling plugs) so we let out of throttle and the wideband just stays rich and you can tell its loaded up with fuel bad.. we have pulled 20% fuel out of everything above 4k rpm to try it out and and still does the exact same thing..... we are at a loss after changing plugs, wires, and checked fuel pressure 58psi key on and 58psi idling and driving

im attaching my tune setup for speed density, scan config and 2 logs showing the issues im having

please look over my tune and give me some insight

thanks
    ...sorry to say edub80 but that tune needs work mate, just started going through it now and what vehicle is it in ? dbw? noticed the DTC for SD Mode 101/102/103 not unchecked etc, but it does need work ill get back to you cheers Bret@ultimatelsxtuning
    Last edited by THE CHAD; 07-06-2015 at 04:54 AM. Reason: didn't show my response

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimate lsx tuning View Post
    ...sorry to say edub80 but that tune needs work mate, just started going through it now and what vehicle is it in ? dbw? noticed the DTC for SD Mode 101/102/103 not unchecked etc, but it does need work ill get back to you cheers Bret@ultimatelsxtuning
    If I crank the car and just start normal driving around hitting cells the aft error is less than2% all in the part throttle area but if I go to 40%+ throttle it throws the tune all out of whack even after I let off throttle... It seems like it just dumps fuel
    The car is a foxbody and its a drive by cable
    I went off a speed density tune how to a on the dtcs ..

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimate lsx tuning View Post
    I've been trying to Help Erik out with this car. We tried unchecking 101/102/103 and also high rpm disable under dynamic airflow set to 8500 rpm and still does the same thing. I attached the tune with these changes made. It acts like the damn injectors are sticking open after PE. But I can't see why it would have issues with the injector after swapping the intake. Acts like it has the wrong info for the injectors but only when it goes into P.E. It has the same injector info as before the intake swap and its the injector info that was used by two really well know tuners here in Texas that previously tuned the car.

The car has I think NGK 8 plugs in it for the nitrous and we have put new plugs in it and also swapped on new plug wires and even changed the coils now.
    Last edited by bigfatls6; 07-06-2015 at 12:22 PM.
    1993 reef blue Mustang coupe
    Ls1 conversion
    1 7/8 cooks headers
    AFR 205 heads
    Fast 92/92 intake
    PAT G./ EPS Custom cam 230/234 .600”/.602” 112LSA +2 advance
    century Built 4l60e with Circle D 3500 converter
    4.11 gears

Tuner in Training
    Bump.

Tuner in Training
    Bump.

Tuner in Training
    Lil help

Advanced Tuner
    Where you located man?
    https://www.facebook.com/tuningbyshanehinds
    [email protected]
    2009 G8 GT [email protected] 1.60 - Sold
    2008 A6 LS3 C6 Cammed [email protected] 1.44 Sold
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

Tuner in Training
    Houston area

What size cam and exhaust system(headers, muffs,etc.) do you have?
    POWERZONE- AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE AND TUNING SOLUTIONS
    STREET TUNING/DYNO TUNING/TRACK TUNING/REMOTE TUNING/EMAIL TUNING
    [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by POWERZONE View Post
    What size cam and exhaust system(headers, muffs,etc.) do you have?
    247/251 and I'm running kooks 1 7/8 with xpipe with spintech ran out the back

To get into SD you need to set DTC P0101-103 to fail first error, leave the ses light on to verify you have failed over for tuning purposes. See you have really lowered the VE but think even down low you will have to retune when you get it to go into SD...could be MAF is just too rich.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    To get into SD you need to set DTC P0101-103 to fail first error, leave the ses light on to verify you have failed over for tuning purposes. See you have really lowered the VE but think even down low you will have to retune when you get it to go into SD...could be MAF is just too rich.

Ed M
    There is no maf on the car and since posting the tune I have changed the dtcs to what I'm supposed to do... I've zeroed out the maf tables too and it still does the same thing

OK, now maybe I am confused....Does the FAST 4150 TB have integrated injectors? Have you moved the injectors from the Fast 92 intake manifold/rail setup to this EFI swap TB? Or am I just F'd up?

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    OK, now maybe I am confused....Does the FAST 4150 TB have integrated injectors? Have you moved the injectors from the Fast 92 intake manifold/rail setup to this EFI swap TB? Or am I just F'd up?

Ed M
    It's the super Victor Efi setup with edelbrock fuel rails.. same injectors as I had in the fast 92 intake... It's the normal fast 4150 throttle body with breather mounted on top.. I've never seen injectors Mounted to the throttle body like u explained

Quote Originally Posted by edub80 View Post
    It's the super Victor Efi setup with edelbrock fuel rails.. same injectors as I had in the fast 92 intake... It's the normal fast 4150 throttle body with breather mounted on top.. I've never seen injectors Mounted to the throttle body like u explained
    Guess I was barking up the wrong tree....http://www.fuelairspark.com/fas/ez-e...w-harnesshtml/

Should have looked further ...http://www.fuelairspark.com/fas/poli...fastenershtml/

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 07-09-2015 at 10:30 AM.

[email protected]

I would definitely smoothen that VE table to help with fueling transitions. Right now it is pretty jagged and full of ridges and valleys. You should smoothen the areas around where you make changes. I bet your driveabilty may improve as well.

The next area to look at is some of your injector data. Not neccesaarily your IFR data table but your short pulse and injector pulse and even your EOIT.

Your signals and waves especially with that much overlap will be different with the fast 92 vs. super vic 4150 TB combo. Different runners and different air delivery.

There were a lot of things changed in the tune. Remember, especially in SD, your AFR curve at WOT is a reflection of your VE table. All of your fueling adjustments from your AFR error should be made to your VE table in SD.
    Last edited by POWERZONE; 07-09-2015 at 03:40 PM.
    POWERZONE- AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE AND TUNING SOLUTIONS
    STREET TUNING/DYNO TUNING/TRACK TUNING/REMOTE TUNING/EMAIL TUNING
    [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by POWERZONE View Post
    I would definitely smoothen that VE table to help with fueling transitions. Right now it it pretty jagged and full of ridges and valleys. You should smoothen the areas around where you make changes. I bet your driveabilty may improve as well.

The next area to look at is some of your injector data. Not neccesaarily your IFR data table but your short pulse and injector pulse and even your EOIT.

Your signals and waves especially with that much overlap will be different with the fast 92 vs. super vic 4150 TB combo. Different runners and different air delivery.

There were a lot of things changed in the tune. Remember, especially in SD, your AFR curve at WOT is a reflection of your VE table. All of your fueling adjustments from your AFR error should be made to your VE table in SD.
    Definitely going to be doing some work n 've table.. it's just weird how hard this've tuning has gone.. never had this much trouble with a car ... Usually after several times of data logging the 've table starts looking good but this one has been a bitch lol

Advanced Tuner
    I did just another fbody last night with the Vic Jr and 4150.

Pm me if you want the tune.
    https://www.facebook.com/tuningbyshanehinds
    [email protected]
    2009 G8 GT [email protected] 1.60 - Sold
    2008 A6 LS3 C6 Cammed [email protected] 1.44 Sold
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0