Thread: New to tuning , in need of help

New to tuning , in need of help

Hi ,

Just received the HPT-Pro a few day ago and just started logging i was hoping someone could look at the logs .
    Being new to all this i was not sure what kind of driving to log so i tried a little of everything . If someone could lead me in the right direction i would be grateful .
    Comp 54-600-11 D=219 L=553 lsa=109 , comp rockers 1.82.1 ,ported mas , long tube and Alu flywheel .

Thank You , Al
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ALM; 07-05-2015 at 11:46 PM.

I just finally got the Wideband hooked to scanner and will try to log better info . This tune was done on a dyno , it goes full rich half to wot . Also after a hot restart if let set for 10 min i see the IAT was buried and AFR was at 11 or lower but some of that i cured by getting rid of the metal air lid. Returning to the guy that tuned would be a tough option . so ill keep reading and if some one would chime in and let me know what else i need so it will be easier to help get me on the right track I greatly appreciate it . Its a tough learning curve but in time im sure ill get it. I am also sure there are some great tuners out there but the last few only took my money and grinned ,my ol buddy Brian is one of the best , just to hard to get a hold of these days and suggested it was time for me to get this HPTPro and get to learning before someone else eats up another 5 or $600 on a crappy tune .

2000 Firebird ramair ls1 m6 4:10 rear stock heads and the list above

Thank You Kindly , Al

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    thought your idle timing was crazy high, will not get your O2 nice and hot soon enough.

also your OL tables adjusted. and good thing you got a wideband now. can not rely on the stock sensors
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

I will give it a go . Much appreciated .

Thank You , Al

Tuner
    You're getting pretty close to maxing out those injectors... have you thought about getting bigger injectors?

Are they near 80% ? and am i looking at 42lb to buy just asking , going through some past post it makes sense. Also i have a Glowshift wideband and after reading maybe it would be better to get something with some accuracy it was not in the list and kind of a pain to setup . Also can you advise or lead me to a post where i can better understand the histograms?

Thank You , Al

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ALM View Post
    Are they near 80% ? and am i looking at 42lb to buy just asking , going through some past post it makes sense.
    On the log you posted, they go to 94%. You probably only need something like SVO #30's but if you want to 'future proof' your engine then you can go with 42lb injectors.

Sultan , i flashed with your tune and that really cleaned things up . It sure sounds and feels a lot sharper , Idle lost its cruse effect and more even idle in stop and go traffic . As far as the wideband it has been in place for a wile but i had a hard time getting the scanner to recognize it im not sure of its accuracy . I will order one in the list for the MPVI Pro .

Again Thank You for your help , Al

02statesman , I think ill shoot for the 42s , going to change the intake over the winter . Hopefully by then ill have some idea how to make some changes . I see its a lot of reading and file comparing .

Thank You for your input , Al

Just learning i think

Hi ,

I finally had time to do some logging with the wideband hooked up for logging . I would like to try making some adjustments and would like to know if im looking at this correctly . The LTFT is reading negative or 0 wile in WOT and AFR looks rich i see around 10.1 from 3600 up. If i am understanding this right i need to go into PE - EQ and lower the # that is being divided into 14.62 to lean things out a little . If i am on the right track , what AFR should i be trying to acheave at WOT in that range . Or am i looking at this all wrong ?

Thank You , Al
    Last edited by ALM; 07-20-2015 at 07:28 PM.

Rookie mistake . Wile trying to learn , i mixed up the flash with an older one so im not so sure it is rich at WOT. Ill do a bit more reading and logging .

Thank You , Al

glad that tune helped you out.

PE is a multiplier/target for power enrichment say you have 14.68/1.15=12.7xx AFR

if you too lean or rich you need to adjust via MAF/or VE tables in that specific engine load/kpa area.

Hi Sultan ,
    Could you kindly look at the logs and point me in the right direction . I tried adjusting MAF and VE and copied VE-P to VE-S and still rich part to wot 3200 up.
    Seem no mater how far i went it still remained rich 10.1 - 10.3 . I also changed PE EQ . I have the flash i started with you idle changes and that part seems just fine so the logs match the flash .I am sure i am missing something . Idle and cruising speed seems very close. Also this PCM is not the original i bought it second hand so i do not know what it come out of ,if that has any effect on things. Not going in to close loop ?

Thank You ,AL
    Last edited by ALM; 07-28-2015 at 04:59 PM.

clean up your fuel trims, i would go back to the older file and go 1 bar MAP and not MAF car is much more responsive and you can adjust in a 3D fashion compared to the maf tuning

Tuner in Training
    Read this link:
    http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_edi...to_user_sd.htm
    Then read it again.

This will get you going with Speed Density Tuning.

Remember the computer will always go to the richest table it can.
    Change one thing at at time and you will catch on.

Closed loop has a value set it needs to set to go into. make sure it falls into it, However with SD tuning you want to disable both long term and short term to get a base, in open loop of course.

ok guys ill keep at it and thanks for your patience ,much appreciated .