Thread: 2015 gt PMAS cold air intake.

Tuner in Training

2015 gt PMAS cold air intake.

Take a look at cal i have made alot of changes is there anyone who can shed some light on the car getting it into OP mode? Also cam timing is that degrees all in crankshaft or possibly from cam phasers?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    You couldn't get into OP mode or you want to change how it goes into OP?
    Cam timing is based on crank angle.

Advanced Tuner
    Correct me if i'm wrong but the 2015s don't come from the factory with OP mode enabled right? Have you modified your VCT tables at all? If not, the VCT tables on the 2015 look way different than the 12-14s.

OP can be enabled. It is not from the factory. I toyed around with it a bit on the dyno but didn't see any great increases in power. I've got a lot more work to do on it. My auto car is making 405rwhp with only a tune. Stock cam timing.
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

Advanced Tuner
    That's pretty awesome! What was your baseline number? Peak power around 6500?

Kris

I just asked about that CAI and tuning it with HP Tuners on Mustang6g forums. I currently just have a Airaid CAI tube and a K&N drop in.. was holding off on getting this PMAS CAI until the MAF issues are figured out. My car is already tuned with HP Tuners but I'm still VERY new to HP Tuners and leary of making changes etc (I had my current tune written for me). Do you have to make a lot of changes to run this CAI?
    Last edited by RSKtakR; 07-08-2015 at 11:10 AM.
    2015 Mustang GT, PP, HP Tuners VCM, K&N drop in, AIRAID CAI intake tube, Steeda drop springs, trans mount, shifter bracket, sub frame bushing kit, Diff bushing kit, sub frame alignment pins, American Muscle 19x10 PP rear wheels, 305/35r19 MT drag radials.

car baselined at 378rwhp. I'll check on peak power rpm when i'm back at the shop on Friday. Waiting on the JLT intake to arrive before I toy around with it anymore. Definitely doesn't seem to respond to cam timing adjustments the way the older coyotes do. but I'm sure the Ignition tables have a lot to do with that.
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tramotorsports View Post
    car baselined at 378rwhp. I'll check on peak power rpm when i'm back at the shop on Friday. Waiting on the JLT intake to arrive before I toy around with it anymore. Definitely doesn't seem to respond to cam timing adjustments the way the older coyotes do. but I'm sure the Ignition tables have a lot to do with that.
    That's very unfortunate. I was looking at a 2015 basemap and comparing, the VCT tables are WAY different on the intake. Can you confirm the same?

Kris

Advanced Tuner
    Maybe IMRC is playing a part.

Advanced Tuner
    Well, supposedly the IMRCs are better on the 15. No clue. Need to know.

Yeah they're quite different. Ignition and fuel should be dialed at every cam breakpoint ideally. I'll be doing it on my car when I get some time but its going to be a long process.
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

Advanced Tuner
    Agreed, I'm in the same boat. I'd be glad to share findings

Someone has already given up on this CAI and posted it up for sale for $400. I want it but damn I'm leary since the problems arose with it.
    2015 Mustang GT, PP, HP Tuners VCM, K&N drop in, AIRAID CAI intake tube, Steeda drop springs, trans mount, shifter bracket, sub frame bushing kit, Diff bushing kit, sub frame alignment pins, American Muscle 19x10 PP rear wheels, 305/35r19 MT drag radials.

whats the problem with the PMAS? Why not just use a C&L or JLT?
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!