Thread: Please Advise where to look?

Potential Tuner

Please Advise where to look?

hello everyone,
    i am new here and new to tuning and the LS world from what ive been told im missing alot, so we shall start at the beginning, i have a 1997 gmc serria 1500 2wd 4l60e that i decided i was going to put a ls based engine in and started looking for a 6.0 well as luck would have it we got a wrecked 02 gmc serria with the 5.3 in at work so i bought the engine trans pcm and harness to drop into my truck (mind you i have NEVER attempted any sort of ls swap or pcm swap) after paying for all the goodies and about 3 weeks of nightly research i started the swap and to my surprise it all went well setting the engine doing the PCM repin all that went fine ordered me a HP Tuners so i could disable Vats and tune this baby up to run good, got it all installed Vats turned off and ill be damned but she starts and runs, throws a p0200 (injector control circuit) and p0300 (random multiple misfire code) i replaced the spark plugs and misfire is still randomly present, always in either cylinder 8 by its self or cylinder 2 and 6 according to hp tuners scanner, i have checked for the presence of 12 volts at all injectors and it is present and the pcm is switching the injector according to my noid light, checked and added a few extra grounds (both body to engine and engine to frame) codes still present and it seems to have no power at all (will barley spin the tire if power braked) wont spin the tire if you just punch it from a stop i am sure its just because i dont know much about what im doing with the tuner and have missed some things any advice anyone can give would be amazing or even point me in the direction to look thanks everyone in advance i am going to attempt to load my tune file, if anything else is needed please let me knowRed 97 Gmc.hpt

Potential Tuner
    i figured out the problem it ended up being a broken injector wire but anyone who wants to look at the tune and give me advice on the tune id appreciate it

Thank you for the reply on the fix.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by smokestack View Post
    Thank you for the reply on the fix.
    your very welcome i hope at some point it helps someone