Thread: Anyway To Shorten the Sweep of the O2's at Idle??

Tuner

Anyway To Shorten the Sweep of the O2's at Idle??

The only issue I have at the moment is the annoying rolling idle. Never stalls but just sounds like a clunker with the idle slowly up and down. It idles best at 875-885 and the IAC counts are about 120ish as this tune is setup for. I was messing around and I manually set the IAT to 90 counts and its sounds great with the idle around 790. However I can not keep it there. It will start an endless occellation of idle that will eventually die. So the tune posted is a working tune but I feel that if I can get the little slow rolling idle addressed I can move the idle speed down a fuzz and it will idle clean with no corrections or rolling. The RPM's seem to vary with the O2 oscellation at slow engine speed. Drives great above 40mph and 2000 rpm.

I cleaned it up a ton by taking about 50% out of the O2 Error in the Closed loop tables. But I want to focus more on the parameters that are effecting the O2's at idle only.

Any pointers or tips will be great.

Thanks!

Here is my Tune, Scan, & Config used:
    Camaro_Tune_1.hpt
    Camaro_Scan_1.hpl
    (AS)Config1.cfg

Tuner
    I am beginning to wonder if I ask too hard of questions or maybe I am not asking the right questions. I know there are posts about idle issues everywhere but the ones I see are RAF related. Haven't been able to find any that are O2 related in a specific area. I have my RAF very close. The only other thing airflow that I am not sure if it is screwing with me along with the AFR is the idle PID controller. I have never been able to wrap my head around that area yet.

Tuning Addict
    Typically for the O2's you can multiply the O2 Proporional Airflow table by .8 to .9 and then your integrator delay airflow table by something like 1.15 to 1.4 for most longtube header configs. I'll typically use something like .9 on proportional and 1.25 on integrator for Kooks longtubes.

Now if your running turbos with the O2's after the turbos about 12 to 18 inches then you would want to multiply both by something like 1.15ish. The turbo setups are a little funky like that.

I don't know exactly what part of those tables represent just idle, so can't help you out there any...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner
    Thanks for the reply GHuggins. The million dollar question is what base settings should I add or subtract to? This is been part of my problem because I have a 6.0 in a 00 Camaro. So should I use 00 6.0 tables or 5.7 tables? There is a huge difference between the closed loop tables between the two stock files.

Tuning Addict
    Your running a 6.0? Then I would use the 6.0 tables.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC