Thread: Idle Tables - Speed Control Reserve and External Load

Idle Tables - Speed Control Reserve and External Load

Tables 33720 and 33740

Does anyone know exactly how these work/interrelate? External Load goes all the way to 6400 RPMs but it's an Idle table?

I try to relate it to Airflow tables which would make Speed Control Reserve sort of the new Base Running Airflow....?

I have tuned some cam'd C7s and can get them to idle great, easier than airflow ecms, but I just want to be able to categorize and define these tables.

So I cut my Speed Control Reserve table in half. It idles and drives fine, if not a bit smoother (this is on a 2015 6.2L 1500 A8 with long tubes and intake).

What I did get is less throttle % at idle and commanded spark timing (18 instead of 7). I haven't played with External Load yet.

Advanced Tuner
    Hmm - I wonder if these values might be able to help me with this issue:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...emand-question

change your zero row back to 0 and cut your speed control table in half. see what happens.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    So I cut my Speed Control Reserve table in half. It idles and drives fine, if not a bit smoother (this is on a 2015 6.2L 1500 A8 with long tubes and intake).

What I did get is less throttle % at idle and commanded spark timing (18 instead of 7). I haven't played with External Load yet.
    33740 says its the upper limit to idle torque requests when pedal % is at zero, which kind of makes sense so I don't see why would anyone change this table?

The effect you got from the Speed reserve table however is interesting. but take into consideration that 18 degrees of timing at idle is a lot and doesn't leave a lot of room for idle correction if actual ever drops below commanded. 7 on the other hand is too little, so maybe find that sweet spot in the center where the average spark advance is 15 degrees.

I agree with that. Just reporting.... ;-)

The other thing I didn't mention in this thread is I make my Max Torque Timing values equal my Hi Octane map and then add 3 degrees to it.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    I agree with that. Just reporting.... ;-)

The other thing I didn't mention in this thread is I make my Max Torque Timing values equal my Hi Octane map and then add 3 degrees to it.
    I did this as well based on your recommendation in the other thread, but what I did is I made it equal to the high octane table, and yes tedious is an understatement however I cant really tell if it did anything.

What I noticed is much closer Predicted, Max, and Delivered Torque Values. Of course, that was also with appropriate changes to Peak Torque, Driver Demand, and Airmass tables. I didn't notice it make the car faster or slower.