Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TiVCT timing on Coyote for most power

Advanced Tuner
    Which code is P061B?

Advanced Tuner
    Internal Control Module Torque Calculation Performance. You get it when you are producing more power than the pcm thinks you should be. I think it's based on the values in Torque Calculations/Inverse Torque tables.

Advanced Tuner
    That's some funny shit! So, what is the solution?

Advanced Tuner
    Increase the allowed torque error, until you can populate the torque/inverse tables correctly.

Advanced Tuner
    Ah yes. Populating those tables are going to be quite interesting to calculate.

Tuner in Training
    I mean is that a good way to see if your cam timing is actually working?

Would you mess with cams before spark?

With these do you want to have a wider LSA in the low and tighten it as the rpm increase adding more overlap? I'm tryi g to wrap my head around it.

Do you log all the different mapped points to see where it's pulling from and that's what you'd make changes to per say?

Also say it's pulling from mapped point 7 on a log. Does that mean it's using mapped point 7 for cam timing, mbt, borderline, and so on or will it use different points per area?

Thanks

Timing will need adjusted after cams are moved.

The cams dictate which map point. The core of the ecu is the torque request and then how to deliver it with cam angles per load/rpm followed by tb(airflow/load). Several 'maps' for cams based on desired output ( fuel efficiency/ wot/put etc).

Based on the load and rpm you get x intake and x exhaust cam which if near a snap point will pull from a single or multiple mapped point if not near.

Mapped points simply say this cam timing has an mbt of xx degrees and a borderline (usually based on 87 octane) of xx degrees. They are all dependent, not independent. Cams control which mapped point.

Best to log all mapped points for a pull and then limit it to the ones being used to avoid wasting the limited bandwidth we get from the obdi port

Tuner in Training
    Has anyone been successful in VCT timing at 6500+rpm with helping the power not fall off so hard and able to manipulate the cams to lessen that fall even just a few 100rpm?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LightingBlue17 View Post
    Has anyone been successful in VCT timing at 6500+rpm with helping the power not fall off so hard and able to manipulate the cams to lessen that fall even just a few 100rpm?
    check this discussion out.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...Overlap-Tuning