Thread: Need Help getting engine to idle/injector issue

Potential Tuner

Need Help getting engine to idle/injector issue

Hi there, i'm new to the tuning world. This is my first ever attempt at trying to learn the how to's. My background on my build is a 2001 Silverado 2500 6.0. I installed bosch 0280158117 (Ford G302 47lb) injectors. But since the lq4 runs at 4bar fuel pressure, theyre supposedly 60lb. Im running a single 70mm turbo, along with a 2bar map sensor. Im going to run speed density

I had the truck started with the turbo installed, and it idled, ran perfectly fine, before i installed the injectors and map.
    So basically, i applied a 2 bar custom os, did the how to on speed density, copied my stock ve table over, and set the flowrate vs kpa @ 60lb/hr. For some reason, the truck doesn't want to run, even though it ran perfectly fine before i changed the map sensor and the injectors. It runs extremely rich when the injectors are set to 60lb/hr, so i raised them to 95lb/hr. The truck now actually idles and revs up fine. My question is what am i doing wrong here. Why is the injector lb/hr off? Did i set something up wrong? I checked my fuel pressure with a pressure gauge and it reads rougly 55psi. I attached my tune file down below.

Any input would be grrrreeaaaattttlyyy appreciated!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    I'm going through the same thing with a set of Siemens 60's. Also new as well. I'd recommend doing one thing at a time as its the easiest for beginners. The map sensor has a transfer function that converts pressure to volts and the injectors have a flow table (which you have changed) but also have an offset table as well as a pulse adder table that can be changed. (Assuming you're similar to a ls1 PCM). Work on one thing at a time. Go back to your old tune and try the injectors first. Read up on pulse adder table and injector offsets that are specific to your injector and modify appropriately. There also might be an injector floor value under your transient fuel tab that may be keeping your injectors flowing more than needed.

Potential Tuner
    hey im having the same problem what did you find out on injector data ?