Thread: New to tuning

Potential Tuner

New to tuning

Hey all, FNG here. I've had my HP tuner stuff for about 3 months. I haven't really done much myself. Getting some tips and stuff from a friend that tuned my car with HP tuners which prompted me to get it and give it a whirl. I'm an IT and a gear head, so I thought it was fitting for me to try my hand at. It's a little more in depth than I imagined it would be. I own a 2006 Mustang GT, pretty much full bolt on and cammed. Wonder if anyone could point me in the right direction on places to get my footing in tuning and good resources to use. I am also having a couple issues that I'm not sure are user error or what. When I first got the interface and software, I had some issues and sent it back and got a new one, but some of those issues have returned, and on a completely different laptop even. The main issue I am having right now is that when I data log my car everything looks fine, but when I go to play it back, one of my 02 sensors doesn't play what it showed when it was read, so when I send it to the guy that tuned my car and is trying to help me out, it's inaccurate. Sometimes even shows completely different data all together. Being an IT, I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything, I just can't figure it out. This happens with 2.24. The Beta will show 96 mph when I'm sitting still and some other things, so I've just left it alone and stick to 2.24. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I should post this in another thread and start over just let me know. I searched the forum and had no luck. Look forward to chatting with you all!

Tuner in Training
    Welcome, Im new to HP Tuning as well, check out this page, it helped me a lot.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...o-and-how-to-s

Potential Tuner
    Ok, so all I am using is the stock config. All I have is my tune and data log file, but my data log playback isn't playing back correctly, that's why I didn't post it. I can't figure out what is wrong. So I'll post what I have to see if anyone can help, and post the tune I'm running. I'll read up on those other topics and see if I can make any sense out of it. So far I've learned that I have no idea how anyone else in the world learned how to tune.... Now to figure out how to attach these files.....

Potential Tuner
    06 Mustang GT 62 MM TB, Steeda CAI, CMCV Delete plates, 32 LB injectors (stock from a coyote), Pace Setter Long tubes, gutted cats, Detroit rocker cams (specs are classified from what I can find), Cam phaser lock outs, Underdrive drive pulleys, 4.10 gear, aluminum single piece drive shaft. I think that is everything. I understand a lot of these things don't have to be tuned for, I just want to make sure I am thorough. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. I pick up on things pretty easy, I just need to know where to start. Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files