Thread: Fuel Issue 09 Mustang GT whipple supercharger

Potential Tuner

Fuel Issue 09 Mustang GT whipple supercharger

I am having a bucking and surging issue with little throttle to slight throttle. The car goes from 14.8 to 17.5 AFR bucks then drops back down to 14 and lower. How can I fix this instant throttle response issue? It feels like there is about a second of delay before the injectors dump enough fuel to correct the afr. Under WOT the car hauls and there are no issues with the AFR. It will also do it when you are cruising and hit the car real quick

Can you post the tune and log?
    2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS: RGR 322 3v - JPC Intake - Vortech YSi-B - Magnum T56 XL - Built 8.8 - Full Suspension
    2008 Ford Shelby GT500: VMP Gen 2 - ATI 15% - SCJ TB - Full Bassani Exhaust - Full Suspension - Upper Pulley - Meth Injection - JLT 127mm

Potential Tuner
    here is the tune. I don't have wideband logging thru hp tuners. car has a wideband and dyno has one. so I didn't log it with mpvi

The car makes good clean power. smooth graph. made 456whp/499/wtq on a dynocom dyno
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    why is your throttle angle 88?

MAX throttle limits i would put something like 900 and forget it

depeding on your throttle body. but i believe your issue is because you made adjustments to predict and no effective

your whole tune is not right.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

What are the mods to the car? Injectors, TB, exhaust, fuel pumps?
    2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS: RGR 322 3v - JPC Intake - Vortech YSi-B - Magnum T56 XL - Built 8.8 - Full Suspension
    2008 Ford Shelby GT500: VMP Gen 2 - ATI 15% - SCJ TB - Full Bassani Exhaust - Full Suspension - Upper Pulley - Meth Injection - JLT 127mm

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown383 View Post
    What are the mods to the car? Injectors, TB, exhaust, fuel pumps?
    Knowing the information that Blown asked above will be helpful in addition to the MAF details. Are you certain the MAF table and injector information is correct in the tune?
    2014 Camaro SS

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    i think the guy slapped on a supercharger and upgraded nothing else.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    bbk long tube headers, off road x pipe, 34lb injectors.. MAF tables should be correct. he has a 95mm intake tube now instead of the 83mm that is stock. It has the Americanmuscle.com whipple supercharger kit. It has the 12lb pulley on it. and has the upgraded fuel pump

Potential Tuner
    Also has hot rod cams

Tuner in Training
    Both the erratic idle and surging can be directly related to the MAF transfer function. The surging is usually a lean area on the MAF curve for that voltage. I wouldn't assume that the MAF transfer is correct. if the intake tube size and cams are changed this will impact the air flow in the MAF table. This needs to be calibrated and correct as a step 1. Then confirm you have the correct injector data in Engine>General>injectors. You'll spend a lot of time chasing driveability issues if the MAF table and injector data isn't spot on. Report back once you are 100% certain these are correct.
    2014 Camaro SS

Just glancing at the tune, I can see that you need to rescale the axis' on the various tables to account for boost. You also need to dial in your Load w/ Failed MAF tables as those are key to driveability and transient response. Odds are that due to your fuel pump upgrade, the voltage table is incorrect, causing fuel pressure to vary greatly as well.

Potential Tuner
    ok. Thanks for the help. I will check those tables and keep the thread posted. Any ford shortcuts that could be helpful with this. I am relatively new to ford tuning