Thread: What is a normal MAF reading at idle?

Tuner

What is a normal MAF reading at idle?

I'm wondering what a normal MAF reading would be at idle on an LNF? I keep getting code P2188 - Too rich at idle bank 1. It doesn't affect any performance, car still goes like a scalded cat, still get 23psi of boost....it doesn't seem to affect anything. All of my hoses and piping from turbo to IC and from IC to intake are all new and tight. Had over 5k on them before my tune was adjusted and had no issues prior. Now since retune I'm getting P2188 about every 70 miles but it took almost 800 miles to start getting P2188 after the retune. I can't figure it out... Anyone have any suggestions?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Ghost View Post
    I'm wondering what a normal MAF reading would be at idle on an LNF? I keep getting code P2188 - Too rich at idle bank 1. It doesn't affect any performance, car still goes like a scalded cat, still get 23psi of boost....it doesn't seem to affect anything. All of my hoses and piping from turbo to IC and from IC to intake are all new and tight. Had over 5k on them before my tune was adjusted and had no issues prior. Now since retune I'm getting P2188 about every 70 miles but it took almost 800 miles to start getting P2188 after the retune. I can't figure it out... Anyone have any suggestions?

How do you mean? , the MAF frequency at idle for me is around ~17-1800 if i recall correctly. You want your MAF histograms to be as close to 0 as possible when everything is happy.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitmore29 View Post
    How do you mean? , the MAF frequency at idle for me is around ~17-1800 if i recall correctly. You want your MAF histograms to be as close to 0 as possible when everything is happy.
    Sorry, should have clarified....I want cfm measurement at idle...

Mass Air Flow Rate = 24.064 cfm

Tuner
    Depends on how u have your idle tuned actually. I don't have my laptop with me but 0.31 lbs/min is what I remember. If im wrong im sure someone will corect me. But that's with some modified idle to run more spark. Also, maf reads in mass, not volume.

Advanced Tuner
    My modified tune running e47 and ~17* idle advance idles at 0.38 lbs/min on a fully warm engine. I'm also running a DDM intake on a Sky instead of the stock intake.

Tuner
    So doing the conversion (because I didn't have my settings right) I'm at about 1.944lbs/min or .0324lbs/sec. and from what I see above, this is rather much for idle. So back to my initial question, what else can I check? I've checked all connections, they are tight. I have not inspected my IC to see if it has ruptured, but thought I would look at least expensive and quickest stuff first. I'm still getting my 23psi of boost....even with the CEL on. Could my MAF sensor be bad?

Advanced Tuner
    Have you tuned your MAF lately?