Thread: Getting flex fuel to work on a 2 BAR / 3 BAR P59???

Potential Tuner

Angry Getting flex fuel to work on a 2 BAR / 3 BAR P59???

Hi,

I finally found a FF tune that matches my OS so I swapped the engine segment and just left it stock to see if the ethanol sensor worked. The good news is that it finally does. With a non-flex fuel tune I wasn't able to simply "enable" flex fuel, however swapping to a flex fuel tune seems to enable something behind the scenes. This is a 2003 DBW P59 ECM.

So I confirmed that the sensor is working and the ECM recognizes it. I converted to a 2 BAR COS and now ethanol content is no longer shown on the scanner. What's weird is that the car runs really lean as you would expect as I'm running straight E85 right now, but after a minute (while up to temp and in open loop) it comes back to 1.0 Lambda. Perhaps the sensor is working despite the fact that the scanner doesn't register anything? The 1 minute delay worries me a bit too, is that how long it takes these sensors to adjust the AFR? My AFX 02 just sits at 16.0 A/F and the car runs really rough until it slowly settles back to 14.7.

If anyone has been down this road I would appreciate their input . This is a turbocharged 6.0 in a 67 Camaro, so I don't have any body control modules or anything like that to worry about.
    1967 Camaro w/LQ4, 4l80e and a Precision 7675 CEA turbo.

bump did u get it working