Thread: Turbo LSJ Idle Issues

Advanced Tuner

Turbo LSJ Idle Issues

So got a turbo LSJ, all custom kit(no Hahn or zzp kit). Having idle issues. Currently has Mototron Deka 80lb injectors, had them flow tested today. Results- lowest-840cc(80lb/hr) & highest-852cc(81.1lb/hr) @ 43.5psi. custom intake manifold(similar to a Hahn manifold) with a LS4TB. Car does have BRFPR kit from ZZP. Set @ 52psi KOEO. I just scaled the Fuel/Injector Control tables from a Excel I found that Omega wrote here on HPT forum. I have the Flow Rate vs KPA scaled 63.5 across the board. Flow Rate Mult. vs Volts scaled 1.378. And just grabbed the offsets, pulse corrections and limits from Omega's Excel spreadsheet.

So my issue is the idle hunts really bad. Ignition timing is all over the place.

My first question is what are people changing the ETC Area Scalar to when going with the LS4 TB?
    Then next did I scalar the fuel injectors right?
    Then what fuel pressure would be recommended for best idle? I can rescale injectors if it is better to lower fuel pressure more.

Thank you.

Potential Tuner
    Im having the same problem, I have the stock TB, and a hanh intake manifold. Im just looking to get a good idle for my lsj. Bump for info. I dont have installed the BRFPR kit from ZZP yet, but i have it here.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    TBS: 3688 = Area of plate - plate shaft (in mm)
    i would use 55 lb/hr flow rate and 1.6 as the multiplier since its all simple even whole number values.
    from the sound of your post your injector testing agency didnt provide the meat and potatoes of your flow testing data. you will have to custom tune for the other data fields.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Senior Tuner
    the voltage multipliers don't do dick in the lsj ecm. someone with more time on their hands than myself with these cars found that out. force the timing to be your bitch and lock the tb down on movement.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.