Thread: 05 mustang fuel pump duty cycle - racing today

Tuner in Training

05 mustang fuel pump duty cycle - racing today

I have recently noticed a lean condtion when at wot throttle that happens in the first second or 2 or going wot. I have been battling a lean tip in conditition that is most prevalent when the engine is below operating temp so I have been driving in OL the past 2 days as It seems to not occur in OL. So thats why my log file is in OL. At 4:33 of the log there is a good example of going WOT, afr jumps and fuel pressure dips. I have a stock fuel sytem with the exception on a stealth 340lph pump. Any suggestions? I cant find any reference to the fuel pump that would let me tune it up a bit for the initial hit as it seems to re able to recover while staying below 50%duty cycle.

I am using 2.25beta
    Attached Files Attached Files
    05 mustang GT with 3v 5.0 and a 2.3 whipple

Which version of Scanner are you using? (I cant open the log in Beta)
    There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies. The first method is far more difficult.

Tuner in Training
    I dont see where it says what version the scanner is but my editor was 2.24 before I downloaded the beta so it should be 2.24 as well?

What are your mods on the car? Was traction controlled turned off during this run? Just looking over the datalog, I can see the computer commands the car to 1.05 lambda when the lean spike @ WOT occurs, which makes me think that traction control was turned on. You can edit what the car does with traction control. I personally disable fuel cut and throttle cut and leave spark cut active. It may also be torque management. I would disable fuel cut and throttle cut if you plan on leaving torque management enabled. Also, you are very close to maxing out your fuel pump. Since we cannot log DMRs yet, the FPDC must be multiplied by 2. So your running 96% FPDC. The drop in fuel pressure is probably a result of the Puel Pump Voltage Table not being calibrated yet, something we cannot tune yet as well. As with the lean spike, dialing in the Load with MAF Failed tables is extremely hard to do with HPTuners right now. I managed to get my tables pretty close. If your stock displacement, the table will resemble stock until it moves into higher loads. It also seems like your running a lot of timing but the car isn't showing it being commanded, which might be the Octane Plug adder. If you zero out that table and subtract the amount from your timing tables, I'm sure timing will be easier to tune.
    2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS: RGR 322 3v - JPC Intake - Vortech YSi-B - Magnum T56 XL - Built 8.8 - Full Suspension
    2008 Ford Shelby GT500: VMP Gen 2 - ATI 15% - SCJ TB - Full Bassani Exhaust - Full Suspension - Upper Pulley - Meth Injection - JLT 127mm

Tuner in Training
    traction control was disabled and i didnt notice the 1.05 lamba command untill you pointed it out. Whats curious is bank 2 commands 1.05 while bank 1 continues to command .79. Good call on the fuel cut. I found the "fuel cylinder cutoff" table and its feild was full of 1.05. I havent driven it yet but thats got to be it. I have changed it to .79 untill i've settled of which to disable.

You mentioned a spark cut but I have not noticed this feature. I have been running with fuel cut and torque managment active recently since twisting the input shaft in the trans into 2 peices.I'm curious if this spark cut can be made usefull as a 2-step to help spool and launch the car.

Here's a screenshot with the tables I described. I don't see a way you can use it as a 2-step. I personally disable fuel and ETC cut so my car never leans itself out.

Capture.JPG
    2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS: RGR 322 3v - JPC Intake - Vortech YSi-B - Magnum T56 XL - Built 8.8 - Full Suspension
    2008 Ford Shelby GT500: VMP Gen 2 - ATI 15% - SCJ TB - Full Bassani Exhaust - Full Suspension - Upper Pulley - Meth Injection - JLT 127mm