Thread: LQ4 with LS2 Intake and Injectors - Will Not Start

SOLVED - LQ4 with LS2 Intake and Injectors - Will Not Start

Chevelle Tuned Min Inject Change.hpt

Tune is above. I have a 2004 LQ4 that I just installed a LS2 intake and injectors on.

I updated the tune to have the injector data. I upload the tune, go to crank it up and the engine just turns over and over without a hint of starting.

Any tips?

I change the injector flow rate vs KPA, Short Pulse Limit, Short Pulse Adder, Min Injector Pulse, and Default Injector Pulse. I did not change anything else in the tune.

I have fuel pressure at the rail

IT IS NOT GETTING FUEL
    - I checked this by spraying starting fluid into the TB, cranked it over and it fired up right away then died after a couple seconds.

UPDATE - The injectors ARE getting power. So this must be due to the tune? unless all of my injectors are bad, which... blah

SOLUTION:
    I pulled the fuel rail off with injectors attached, put some paper underneath everything to see if fuel was coming out of the injectors - cranked it over and saw NO fuel was coming out. So I know they are getting power, but none are firing.

I used a needle and pierced into each ground wire for the injector and grounded that wire for 1 second intervals - initially they did not spray, but after the 2nd interval they started spraying perfectly. I did this to all injectors - re-did the paper test and saw all were spraying fuel now.

Bolted fuel rail back on, cranked the engine and it fired right up no issues at all.

Summary: Fuel injectors must have been sitting around for a while, just needed a kick to get back going
    Last edited by TXjeepTJ; 06-26-2015 at 10:23 AM.

IMG_1326.jpg

According to my wide band, it's not getting any fuel. Engine not cranking - Lambda is 1.3, engine cranking lambda is at 1.3 or around 1.29.

Could the plug adapters I bought for the injectors be wired wrong? The Red wire is connected to pink from the wiring harness - if anyone knows what color wire should be closest to the push/clip part of the injector, that would be awesome haha

Advanced Tuner
    I'd this a new build our was it running previously?

Running previously, really good too lol...

CONFIRMED - it is NOT getting fuel. I sprayed some starting fluid into the engine and cranked it over and it fired right up for a couple seconds then died.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TXjeepTJ View Post
    IMG_1326.jpg

According to my wide band, it's not getting any fuel. Engine not cranking - Lambda is 1.3, engine cranking lambda is at 1.3 or around 1.29.

Could the plug adapters I bought for the injectors be wired wrong? The Red wire is connected to pink from the wiring harness - if anyone knows what color wire should be closest to the push/clip part of the injector, that would be awesome haha

FWIW: The solid pink wire on the stock injector harness is on Accessory power from the vehicle. The other various color is the ground signal from the PCM.

Make sure you have continuity from the fuel pump relay to the fuel pump.
    POWERZONE- AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE AND TUNING SOLUTIONS
    STREET TUNING/DYNO TUNING/TRACK TUNING/REMOTE TUNING/EMAIL TUNING
    [email protected]

Yup, continuity is good..

Anyone know what the mass air pressure (MAP) should be at during cranking?

Quote Originally Posted by TXjeepTJ View Post
    Yup, continuity is good..

Anyone know what the mass air pressure (MAP) should be at during cranking?
    I think I found the issue. The adapter I got to adapt my LQ4 TB to the LS2 intake has a spot that is not sealed. The gasket on the adapter does not seal off half of the top section of the TB - leaving half of this area on the TB open to the atmosphere.. see pic
    Capture.JPG
    Last edited by TXjeepTJ; 06-25-2015 at 11:47 PM.

Issue solved, see first post for solution

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for the post TXJEEPTJ. I have the same issues. I am going to try that. I would have never thought of jump starting the injectors like you described.
    5.3L Twin Turbo, 40L60E, 2WD Truck underconstruction