Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FRPP Coyote Control Pack now supported in 2.25

FRPP Coyote Control Pack now supported in 2.25

I'm proud to announce that we finally have the bugs worked out.

Using the latest 2.25 beta, you can now generate a VIN for the FRPP PCM, then read the PCM, license the tune, and reflash it.

Once the above has been done, you can scan with the 2.25 Scanner, including DMR parameters.

Post here if you have any questions.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

I will be tuning a coyote swap in a few months, hopefully after 2.25 officially releases. Is there anything to watch out for when you are tuning a Control Pack PCM, any curve balls where conventional 2011-2014 Mustang tuning advice does not apply?

In other words, what's the difference between a stock Mustang calibration and a control pack calibration? PATS is gone obviously, Emissions is gone too I guess. Any torque management? Also what requires the speed dial to be installed( I just opened another can of worms there)? Trying to get as good of a perspective as I can going into this.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDMB View Post
    I will be tuning a coyote swap in a few months, hopefully after 2.25 officially releases. Is there anything to watch out for when you are tuning a Control Pack PCM, any curve balls where conventional 2011-2014 Mustang tuning advice does not apply?

In other words, what's the difference between a stock Mustang calibration and a control pack calibration? PATS is gone obviously, Emissions is gone too I guess. Any torque management? Also what requires the speed dial to be installed( I just opened another can of worms there)? Trying to get as good of a perspective as I can going into this.
    Tuning them is essentially the same. The torque management stuff is already off, emissions off, and the code does not have PATS in it.

The calibration is setup to use dashpot instead of torque based decel, unlike most of the OEM calibrations, so that is where the speed dial comes in (to give a speed signal to help with the stalling issues)
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Thanks man, been trying to get this info for a while. Can't wait for 2.25 to officially release!

Thanks for the work here Eric, Really appreciate it! Cant wait to test this weekend....

David

Tuner in Training
    Awesome
    Last edited by Poweredbysnail; 06-26-2015 at 09:51 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Nice. Placing my order now!

Eric,

Just got back from a business trip and gave it a try. I deleted the files under vehicles connected to the car and tried to add the MAF Period channel and to my dismay, the only thing that shows up is the mass air SAE PID that has always been present.

Below is the content of the file under the vehicles directory.

David

[Definition Info]
    [Unsupported Parameters]
    2,B
    2,1A
    2,1B
    2,2C
    2,2D
    2,A
    2,5B
    2,3A
    2,3B
    2,2A
    2,2B
    2,3E
    2,3F
    2,4B
    2,4D
    2,4E
    2,4F
    2,5A
    2,5C
    2,5D
    2,5E
    2,1D
    2,1E

You need to email support. It's not loading the OS specific definition for your vehicle.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Ok will do. Anything you can suggest so I can get something done this weekend? Another laptop? Will send an email now.

Does anyone have a tune file for the FRPP ECU they would share? I'm curious to take a peek around in there!

Thanks for all the hard work Eric!

Tuner in Training
    Also, is it possible to flash the FRPP OS into a "regular" PCM?.... I have a 2013 PCM for fox swap already... thanks

Senior Tuner
    I'm curious about that too...if we flashed a control pack OS into a regular PCM, would it get us past PATS for a salvage yard swap? Anybody have one they can upload for us?
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuning Addict
    Keith, I've been experiencing issues with some of the latest updates of 2.25 for the last two weeks I guess. Already sent Bill the email or what has been going on with some of the functions and tables. I was comparing a crate FRPP tune to a 5.0 mustang tune I've got and just noticed that under Variable Cam - best drive ability - enable min load and under Fuel Economy - enable max load that these two tables are completely opposite of what they should be. In other words the enable max load is in the enable min load table. I know one of the complaints of the car I'm going to be tuning is running very rich and that it has an unusual rough free rev vibration in it at specific rpm levels. Just wondering if Ford put these tables in wrong or if HP loaded them in wrong?

Stock FRPP tune attached as long as there aren't any issues with doing so...

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuning Addict
    How many credits does it take to license this thing?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Tuning Addict
    Ok, In case anyone else runs into this issue I just got it figured out. Originally it loaded a y with dashes over it vin = would not license. Redownloaded from pcm = now looked like HPTCopperH then a number vin as it should have = can now license... Just in case anyone has this problem and it's just 2 credits

~Greg Huggins~

Tuning Addict
    Also cam tables are loaded incorrectly. Loaded correctly gets rid of around 50 percent of the engine vibration problem. Will post correctly vin loaded tune in a few for others to compare.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GHuggins; 08-10-2015 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Added Tune with correct vin

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    What do you mean loaded incorrectly? I have zero issues in my Crate6 and i was one of the 1st to read it and 1st to license one and tune it with Hp with zero issues except that I still have no DMR's after all this work..

Tuning Addict
    Compare to a factory GT mustang... Not sure what effect these two tables really have. When I was talking to the Ford Racing Tech and Engineering guys they stated they had been loading them backwards like this for 5 years although they never explained why and just stated that it was meant more for drag cars. Not really sure why they designed a crate motor like this and then decided it would just be for drag cars? Didn't see any issues or power losses putting them back to "OE". In fact it just made it idle, drive and free rev more smoothly is all. The owner of this car was also after fuel economy more anyways... It was to become his cruising car after all and is supposed to wind up on some big mustang website or something like that?

You can use 2.25's scanner for the maf dial in. I need to read up on how to make histograms in 2.25, because I was having to rev and watch the period and then adjust the fuel trim cells in the tune at the same time, because I didn't have a hz pid to load in in the 2.24 scanner on mine. Got fueling to +/- 3% that way in the higher rpms and dang near +/- 1% in drive ability and idle areas.

Which Ford racing crate motor did you start with and what did you wind up with after words? Mine was the 412 flywheel one. Had 307 to the wheels when I started. I was only able to pick up about 20hp to the wheels after all said and done. Was a little disappointed with that, but checked on the specs and it was just a "slightly" tweaked gt mustang motor with mostly stock internal profiles. Otherwise turned out very nice.

The shop that delivered it still needs to rework the speed sensor setup to the ecm so I can finish dialing in the dashpot to fix a very rare stall when coming to a hard stop that it has. We wired it into this speed generator speed output wire, but it only shows about 3 to 4 mph tops on the scanner at rather high speeds and drops to 0mph while your still doing about 5 to 8mph. Other than that, I think everything turned out rather nicely...

EDIT-Added pin and schematic for wiring in speed sensor to the ford racing ecm in case anyone else needs to fix stalling issues. Whole booklet was too big to attach - attached main connector end view and schematic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GHuggins; 08-13-2015 at 08:19 AM.

~Greg Huggins~

I am attempting to read this setup, and keep getting "x7F Service not supported" when attempting to read. It has a VIN, and identifies as copperhead ECU, but stops when on this step. The Scanner functions fine. I have also E-Mailed support with an Info Log. I'm told by the customer, this Control Pack is the 2nd version, and was purchased around June of this year.

A quick search showed that the error code i'm getting might indicate the tune is locked?

Any Ideas?
    Last edited by 96gt4.6; 11-08-2015 at 07:39 AM.
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw