Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hesitation at partial throttle

Tuner in Training

Hesitation at partial throttle

I am having a very irritating issue, at partial (regular driving) throttle my car bucks back and forth, at very light throttle and WOT is is fine.
    If i recall correctly, when we logged, the "Advance" Line would drop. I have someone else tuning and we both are having trouble finding the issue.
    If i flash stock back in, it doesnt do it so i have come to the conclusion that it is a tuning issue, not mechanical.
    Anyone have any ideas what would cause this? Which tables to adjust? Its a Caliber SRT4
    I cant find my log but ill record a new one tomorrow and post
    Last edited by Hazard; 06-25-2015 at 12:24 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Sounds like bobble torque management or a dead spot in your PT timing advance table. Post up your stock and latest tune with a log, should be easy to figure out.

Tuner in Training
    Here you go,
    Car has full bolt ons, larger compressor wheel, 775cc injectors, full e85
    I havent had time to create a new log yet but will post as soon as i do.
    If i write to the pcm, it usually takes a few hours before the symptom returns, Is it because the pcm is adapting or trying to correct something?
    CSRT Base.hpt6-30 806pm Clockwork.hpt

Senior Tuner
    What rpms is this happening at? Your spark tables look pretty messy.

Senior Tuner
    Also I assume this latest tune is after a few attempts already to fix the issue, I see in spots where timing values entered look really jacked up, hopefully this was the attempt to fix the problem and not the original tune written.

Tuner in Training
    It happens but mostly between 1500-3500 (normal driving)
    Yes it was the attempt to fix the issue

Tuner in Training
    hesitation issue still happening
    Last edited by Hazard; 07-02-2015 at 11:09 AM.

Tuner in Training
    ok so i got a quick log of it. Its super short but you can see the negative spikes.

123.hpl

Heres another log but its in stop and go traffic but posting in case you can see something.
    1234.hpl
    Last edited by Hazard; 07-02-2015 at 11:09 AM.

Tuner in Training
    your pedal power mult. table is to high

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by bwkmaro View Post
    your pedal power mult. table is to high
    We never changed any of those values. They are the same as stock. Should we lower them to compensate for the other adjustments?

Potential Tuner
    subbed

Tuner in Training
    +1 on a resolution to this, I have full bolt on stock turbo 08 CSRT, have the exact same issues myself since tuned. I experienced the same exact problem previously when the car had Diablosport flash, notified them and was sent a revised tune that solved it, but it seems that once writing the vehicle it goes away for a little while and then comes back as if a long term adaptive is relearning. I personally can reset adaptives with my scan tool at work and it will stop for a while just like writing a tune would do for it.

Unfortunately my tuner is 2.5hrs away so getting any logs, or copies of tune isnt gonna be too feasible. Hopefully someone can chime in?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by csrt357 View Post
    +1 on a resolution to this, I have full bolt on stock turbo 08 CSRT, have the exact same issues myself since tuned. I experienced the same exact problem previously when the car had Diablosport flash, notified them and was sent a revised tune that solved it, but it seems that once writing the vehicle it goes away for a little while and then comes back as if a long term adaptive is relearning. I personally can reset adaptives with my scan tool at work and it will stop for a while just like writing a tune would do for it.

Unfortunately my tuner is 2.5hrs away so getting any logs, or copies of tune isnt gonna be too feasible. Hopefully someone can chime in?
    Any way you can reflash the car with the original DS tune that did it, do a full read, then reflash with the DS tune that didn't, reread it and then we can all compare?

It's going to be an airflow/torque problem, it's thinking there is too much torque being made, based on the airflow calcs, and is killing timing to try to compensate.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Any way you can reflash the car with the original DS tune that did it, do a full read, then reflash with the DS tune that didn't, reread it and then we can all compare?

It's going to be an airflow/torque problem, it's thinking there is too much torque being made, based on the airflow calcs, and is killing timing to try to compensate.
    I wish so, I no longer have the DSP. My tuner has the DSP tune he read and ripped from the car when he started the tuning on HP. I might still have the DSP version of the tunes on my computer but idk what help that might be without CRM program to show them?

Senior Tuner
    Yea without CRM its just a file, but there are a few guys here that have CRM and just maybe they would do you a favor and open both and explain what was done.

Tuner in Training
    Thatd be spot on. Just gotta find one now, the crm guys in my area are terrified of these cars it seems nobody wanted to touch it on dsp, so i waited for hptuners. Best decision yet.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Here you go,
    Car has full bolt ons, larger compressor wheel, 775cc injectors, full e85
    I havent had time to create a new log yet but will post as soon as i do.
    If i write to the pcm, it usually takes a few hours before the symptom returns, Is it because the pcm is adapting or trying to correct something?
    CSRT Base.hpt6-30 806pm Clockwork.hpt

What kinda power did this setup make?
    Still running? Ive seen many horror story threads on their forums about cracked cylinder walls, which I always suspected was from the aggressiveness of BG/Realtune flash tunes (MS1K) stuff, but never had any other tuned option out there to prove it or dispute it?

Tuner in Training
    What kinda power did this setup make?
    Still running? Ive seen many horror story threads on their forums about cracked cylinder walls, which I always suspected was from the aggressiveness of BG/Realtune flash tunes (MS1K) stuff, but never had any other tuned option out there to prove it or dispute it?
    I got the issue resolved but stock clutch started slipping pretty fast.
    Car is definitely still running.
    When i dyno'ed with the slipping clutch and hesitation issue, it still put down 370whp.
    Just last weekend i threw in a stage 3+ clutch so hoping that will hold and after the clutch gets properly broken in, i will re dyno it.
    Im thinking it will be over 400whp.
    I think i will be needing larger injectors though, we shall see.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I got the issue resolved but stock clutch started slipping pretty fast.
    Car is definitely still running.
    When i dyno'ed with the slipping clutch and hesitation issue, it still put down 370whp.
    Just last weekend i threw in a stage 3+ clutch so hoping that will hold and after the clutch gets properly broken in, i will re dyno it.
    Im thinking it will be over 400whp.
    I think i will be needing larger injectors though, we shall see.
    +1 sweet.

Made 360 on downpipe/tune here. Did you ever resolve the hesitation issue?

Tuner in Training
    +1 sweet.

Made 360 on downpipe/tune here. Did you ever resolve the hesitation issue?
    Yes, unfortunately i made multiple changes that fixed it so its hard to pinpoint the issue. I do have a hunch tho.
    Can you guys post up your tunes so i can check differences to check the problem.