View Poll Results: for steady state tuning on a load bearing dyno...

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Constant Speed (at different mph to hit different cells)

1 16.67%
  • Constant Engine Speed (controlled by dyno spark pickup)

5 83.33%
  • Other (please speciffy)

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steady State Load Bearing Dyno Tuning Question..

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    ...set the 3-2 down shift to 1 mph ( I do both part throttle and wot), tc lockup in 3rd to 10 mph and release to 5mph and 3rd gear manually selected.

Voted -- constant speed :-)

Ed M
    got it Ed, in this mode I will be performing WOT with tc lockup engaged .. is it safe for the tc? Is an aftermarket btw. And can work the full boost area with that setting?
    Last edited by Stuffs; 07-02-2015 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    got it Ed, in this mode I will be performing WOT with tc lockup engaged .. is it safe for the tc? Is an aftermarket btw. And can work the full boost area with that setting?
    Yes I do it all the time. Obviously you dont want to do pull after pull after pull, but for normal pull, correct, cool down, Pull ...a couple of times its ok. Working the full boost area is no problem as I assume you are collecting steady state data so locked or unlocked is ok.

Sorry took so long...been busy :-)

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 07-10-2015 at 07:27 PM. Reason: really bad typo's
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

^thanks!!