Thread: how do i see what motor is doing

Potential Tuner

how do i see what motor is doing

as tittle says how do I see what motor is doing when Im connected buggy. I know its running lean but not sure why

Watch commended air fuel ratio, fuel trims, map, maf, coolant temps and intake temps. Most of those can tell you why it's running lean.

High fuel trims could be a bad vacuum leak or something needs to tuned for a mod done. Like different camshaft/heads/exhaust.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    open the hood

Tuner
    not sure how much you know but open vcm scanner connect your cords up to your interface and with laptop in vehicle start car top left of vcm scanner you hit the farthest left lightning bolt icon to connect then you can hit space bar or on the same row but farther down to the right theres a start scan button. Also you can goto displays at the top left of vcm scanner and open histograms tables gauges I primarily use histograms gauges and the chart resize so you can see all. Now bottom right of gauges you see ltb1 ltb2 stb1 stb2 These are what tell you if your running lean (unless you bought the wideband which I cant tell you how to use) they can either be negative or positive values. Normal is about +5 to -5 if the short term bank sensors (stb1 stb2) cant adjust enough to keep the long term bank sensors (ltb1&2) then a trouble code is set atleast it should. Best values to see would be Fuel trims as close to zero as possible but like me without a wb02 hard to adjust things Mine go in and out usually from like + or = .8 to as high as like +7 or -7 lol
    also things like adding a cai or adjusting the intake adding a bigger pipe after maf sensor would cause it to run lean. it would see all that extra air not as a gain but as a problem since computer hasn't been adjusted for it
    Last edited by chevypower101; 07-02-2015 at 10:59 PM. Reason: ops