Thread: controlling the cutoff to get the boobing voice

Tuner in Training

Exclamation controlling the cutoff to get the boobing voice

hey everyone
    i did tuned many cars of gen4 and gen3 and all of them responding very well.
    but i did tried today to tune 2014 sierra 5.3L , and as usual i did make changes to the cutoff tables to increase the RPM speed limiter and to get the popping noise when the pedal hitted at full throttle for a while, but in fact i did not get the results as gen4 cars the engine rpm speed hanging a little and the popping noise is a little slow.
    i did change the values of (RPM limit method delay vs gear) again from 6sec to 2sec and the popping noise speed is increase a little but still slow for my tast and didnt came as the gen4.
    so what do you think?

updates:
    i did play a little with these tables and i get the answer and it is worked very well right now

STEP 1/ go to engine>fuel>cutoff,dfco
    under cutoff you will found the extreme cutoff and resume adjust these two values to the cutoff that you want.
    make sure to do changes to the table of (fuel cutoff RPM vs ERT VS ECT) to match the extreme cutoff value with the plots in front of the normal operational engine coolant temp as shown in the picture down.

STEP 2/ change the values of the cutoff RPM VS Gear. (these values must be below the extreme cutoff by 150-300 rpm)
    STEP 3/ Disable the control method as shown.
    STEP 4/ add values in sec to the switchover (RPM limit method delay VS gear) table. try 5 sec in all plots or 6 , its probably good for most cars and the speed of popping noise is great

Parallels Picture 2.jpg

i hope who will try this that he will showing as the results
    Last edited by ridanakr; 06-29-2015 at 07:30 PM.

there's a "boobing voice table"!!? MAN i've got to find that! :-)
    Custom '85 Crew Cab Short Bed Lq4 swap
    '06 Turbo Vortec Maxx
    '87 Military K3500 LQ4 swap
    '96 K1500 lq4 swap, Howard Cam (216/224 @ .050, .551/.551, 114), Centerforce Dual Friction

Sweet!! " opens laptop to look for boob voice"

Tuner in Training
    guys there is no table named with "boobing voice", but you have to play with cutoff tables to get the boob voice.
    for gen3 & gen4 its working with me very well but in gen5 i dont know whats wrong didnt worked as well!!
    anyone can help

i think something is lost in translation here. what country are you from? everyone knows boobs have no voice, but a picture is worth a thousand words.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    i believe what he is referring too is the popping noise

on older gen cars having the extreme cuttoff and resume real close can exhibit that
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    the guy wants to bounce off the rev limiter quick. Yes they unfortunately like to do that in this part of the world...

Tuner in Training
    Hhhhhhh
    Thats what i am talking about popping noise sorry thats i said boobing😊

So what do you think guys i miss in this tune to get thats work?

Tuner in Training
    Check out this video at 00:36 here is what i mean.
    https://youtu.be/-pQBAzigPA8

if you found the answer, post the solution. This improves the search capabilities for others.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner in Training
    the post updated with the solution