Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a Diablosport tune for 04-05 srt4?

Tuner in Training

Anyone have a Diablosport tune for 04-05 srt4?

Trying to build a tune for a stock car and see what parameters are commonly adjusted in a basic off the shelf tune. Diablosport, or self tuned file for a stock to slightly modded car would be appreciated.

Tuner in Training
    Sure, I have a Diablosport 93 octane tune I can post on here tonight when I get home. It is a decent place to start.

Tuner in Training
    I will also attach my personal tune that I daily drive, it is more aggressive and has boost by gear.

Please do not share tunes on this forum that you do not have the permissions to do so.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo2.0 View Post
    I will also attach my personal tune that I daily drive, it is more aggressive and has boost by gear.
    Aside from the obvious no no of sharing tunes for which you don't have permission, let's be clear here. Boost by mph, not by gear. Unless you have some magic up your sleeve?

And setting MPH breakpoints up at gear change intervals is not the kind of magic I'm referring to. Just by way of clarification, I am genuinely curious if I am missing something, or if you are simply making boost by MPH sound like boost by gear, which it is not.
    Last edited by B00STJUNKY; 06-24-2015 at 09:51 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry, didn't even cross my mind about the diablo tune. From what I've seen as well its boost by mph, but if set up correctly should function the same as boost by gear if you shift at near redline consistently, otherwise it could prove a bit funky if shifting short of that. On the other hand,it would still be useful if you could post your own personal tune Turbo, it would give me some good ideas as i have the stock maps.

Tuner in Training
    04SRT daily.hpt
    Sorry, I wasn't thinking about it. The DSP tune was on a customer's car that I did last year and is his base file on my laptop, but I won't share it.

The attached tune is from my daily. It is a stage 1 base, with the boost by vehicle speed table modified, modified PE table, modified spark tables, the deceleration fueling is altered so that the exhaust sounds quite aggressive, and a few other things. If you have any questions about it, let me know.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    Aside from the obvious no no of sharing tunes for which you don't have permission, let's be clear here. Boost by mph, not by gear. Unless you have some magic up your sleeve?

And setting MPH breakpoints up at gear change intervals is not the kind of magic I'm referring to. Just by way of clarification, I am genuinely curious if I am missing something, or if you are simply making boost by MPH sound like boost by gear, which it is not.
    I am just used to hearing it called boost by gear in the SRT groups that I went with it. No magic, no tricks.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, the thing that's a bummer about boost by MPH is that the target is ever increasing as MPH increases.

Say you have your target boost for a 1st gear pull (which tops out around 35 MPH with a stock redline) set to 10 psi, then at 62 MPH (top of 2nd gear) you have the boost set to 15 psi, it's a linear ramp from 35 MPH to 62 MPH, not a static setpoint for that gear. In other words, 35 MPH will be 10 psi whether in the top of 1st or the shift recovery of 2nd gear. In the middle of the span from 35 to 62 MPH (48.5 MPH), your target would be the midpoint between 10 psi and 15 psi, or in other words, 12.5 psi. Then the same would occur for the MPH breakpoint for 3rd gear shift (94 MPH), the boost setpoint from the top of 2nd to the top of 3rd is again a linear ramp from 15 psi to whatever your 3rd gear shift RPM setpoint is.

With true boost by gear, you get a boost setpoint that is static for that gear, no linear ramp as speed increases. You set 2nd gear to 15 psi, you get 15 psi through the entire range of that gear. 20 psi for 3rd, you get 20 psi for the full range of 3rd.

Another down side to boost by MPH is that if you start to lose traction, wheel speed increases, and your target boost continues to increase with wheel speed, so you have now exacerbated the problem.

Supposedly there is a way to do true boost by gear within the stock PCM (according to a popular and well known tuner who uses the "other" software), and I've asked him to confirm that it is true boost by gear that he is doing, and not a simulated boost-by-gear via MPH breakpoints. He swears it is true boost by gear. So, I don't know what to think for sure. I guess I would need to see the "other" software in order to make a definite determination.
    Last edited by B00STJUNKY; 06-25-2015 at 09:31 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah, Dave swears there is one, but even should there be such a table it would be simulated as well because there is no sensor or switch that tracks which gear you are in.

Boost by VSS, as I have seen done in the big HP SRT's on AEM standalones use the rear wheel speed to control boost....takes wheelspin out of the equation.

For my daily, I keep 0-50mph on wastegate psi and then ramp it up above that.

My built car, a 2.0 SOHC on the SRT ecu, I am going to try a few things to run the boost through the ecu, but may end up running a Boostbox.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, Dave swears there is one, but even should there be such a table it would be simulated as well because there is no sensor or switch that tracks which gear you are in.

Boost by VSS, as I have seen done in the big HP SRT's on AEM standalones use the rear wheel speed to control boost....takes wheelspin out of the equation.

For my daily, I keep 0-50mph on wastegate psi and then ramp it up above that.

My built car, a 2.0 SOHC on the SRT ecu, I am going to try a few things to run the boost through the ecu, but may end up running a Boostbox.
    Well, if there were a table that consisted of gear ratios and tire size, the PCM would be able to calculate and determine gear selection based on engine RPM vs VSS.

But, there again, I see no such table.

Of course there's one and yeah it works perfectly. If you know RPM and MPH it doesn't take much for the PCM to calc Gear. NGC3 needs to know Gear to shift an auto trans, so the logic is there

You guys just need get HPT to add the Gear table.

I've blended MPH, Gear and the DT on a big turbo to limit boost in 1st to ~12psi, 2nd to no more than 18psi, then 3rd is MPH based which ramped Boost from 18psi up to 27psi by ~100mph,, 4th and 5th gear topped out at ~33psi. That car ran 10.68 at 137mph,,,all on PCM control
    Last edited by duster360; 12-09-2016 at 10:29 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Dave, I would love to be able to convince the HP Tuners team that there is a gear table (which I'm assuming is integrated within the torque management), but without any tangible proof that such a table exists within the PCM logic, it seems difficult to make such requests without being given the "trust me, we've opened up all the tables you need" or "we looked, and it's not there" kind of response.

Any chance you could shoot me a PM with a screenshot of said gear table from the "other" software, if it's not too much to ask? And only if it's kosher, of course.

The googles says SCT figured it out almost 8 years ago:
    http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f341...2-wt-s-413799/

Senior Tuner
    You're talking the same table, there is only one, and it is MPH based, which can be "implied" to be gear based on that MPH. I went through this with my SRT4, if you set the second row to be 60mph and set torque to be 0, sure, you will run on wastegate pressure in 2nd gear, but also ANY gear you are in at 60mph, 3rd, 4th, 5th it wont matter. Try it and see.

Duster remember me? 04blusrt_4 from the old days, lol. Haven't been on the SRT Forums in a long time.

MPH and Gear are separate Torque limit tables and function EXACTLY as they should.
    Datalog shows the PCM's Torque & Mass Airflow targets shift between MPH, GEAR, DT, RPM, ECT like clock work and the and resultant boost follows.

Again, PCM knows exactly what Gear you're in at any given time. hint:NOV
    Last edited by duster360; 07-09-2015 at 07:12 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Cool pls provide a screenshot of the boost by gear table from SCT so we can track it down, huge help

Several tables have been added in the current build to all NGC3 Turbo:

Estimated Gear (transmission tab)
    Gear-based Torque Limit (Engine->Torque Management->Turbocharger->Boost Torque Limit)
    Knock-based Torque Limit
    Fuel pulsewidth-based Torque Limit

There is one stipulation - The Gear-based Torque Limit table labels may be incorrect. Right now it starts with Reverse and then 1-5 but in reality it could be 1-5,Reverse or 5-1,Reverse. Some testing and feedback would be helpful.

Tuner in Training
    I will download the newest editor and give it a try this weekend. Thanks for the update.

Dave, as always, knows what he is talking about.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post

There is one stipulation - The Gear-based Torque Limit table labels may be incorrect. Right now it starts with Reverse and then 1-5 but in reality it could be 1-5,Reverse or 5-1,Reverse. Some testing and feedback would be helpful.
    The tables are mislabeled as you believed, but not in the order you postulated.
    The tables that affected my boost level were the ones listed under auto 1-4+reverse manual; 1st= auto 1st, 2nd= auto 2nd, 3rd = auto 3rd, 4th = auto 4th, 5th = manual reverse.
    I tested with all tables in auto at their lowest and the manual tables with various gears raised and all I saw was wastegate pressure. Once I tried the auto tables it become readily apparent what was going on. (testing was done with VSS tables set to max and turbo desired torque table set to 320ft/lbs at full throttle.)
    That being said, they worked great once I identified which was which.

Hope this helps.