Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intake Manifold Volume

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Correct you should not be sending emails to my personal email.

support at hptuners.com is where your support related emails should be going now.
    I know, old thread...
    I send the file to HP Tuners using the ticket feature (request 3027) and Bill email plus support email are not valid anymore...
    Does someone know how long it gets to receive the file back with the intake volume added?
    TYIA.

418Ci TEC Assembled/ ETP-FTI Prep/ FTI "Barbara Streisand" Cam 664 HP Pump Gas.
    Losers can always explain why...as winners never explain how...
    What makes a Top Performer Human is the mistake…What makes him the greatest is his ability to repair it

I have messed around with this a bit and really have not seen a big difference. I tried setting it to 0 to test it and the car ran but stalled when I brought it to a stop. Besides that, small changes like setting it to ZR1 volumes or a bit higher really did not effect my trims, VVE, or off idle. Would be interested if anyone else saw a change from this.

Advanced Tuner
    This is meant to keep the manifold inflow/outflow model in balance during a throttle transition. Fuel trims are a response to steady state error. So you shouldn't see any effect on your fuel trims from a manifold volume change.

Not applicable to Corvette C5 equipped with a PCM type P01, and cannot be implanted, from HPTuners request today...

418Ci TEC Assembled/ ETP-FTI Prep/ FTI "Barbara Streisand" Cam 664 HP Pump Gas.
    Losers can always explain why...as winners never explain how...
    What makes a Top Performer Human is the mistake…What makes him the greatest is his ability to repair it

Quote Originally Posted by smokeshow View Post
    This is meant to keep the manifold inflow/outflow model in balance during a throttle transition. Fuel trims are a response to steady state error. So you shouldn't see any effect on your fuel trims from a manifold volume change.
    I was actually trying to get rid of a tip in lean spot with it but like I said I couldn’t get it to change anything. I am using a sheetmetal manifold and don’t really know the volume of it so I was just using the ZR1 volume. I believe the problem is heat soak related so It really would have been trial and error to get it right. I may give it another try incrementing it 20% at a time and see what happens.

Advanced Tuner
    I've played around with it after adding a Whipple to the 6.2L, drastic changes did not seem to change much. CTS-V had the same 14,000 in the cal as my stock truck cal, IIRC. Not even sure which direction to go with it. Initially you would think....rotors, intercooler brick, go smaller with the setting. But then again with a huge volume intake like a truck manifold, you get a big inrush when you change the throttle, so...?