Thread: vcm scanner wont work.win 8.1 tablet

Tuner in Training

vcm scanner wont work.win 8.1 tablet

Alright been messing with this thing since Friday and cannot get the vcm scanner to operate.using vcm ver 2.24. Tried beta 2.25 and everything works, however I am not used to 2.25 and it looks like some needed features are not operational.anyways I'm kinda at a loss of what needs to happen to get the scanner working.when I launch the program I get a error message saying "error creating windows handle". If I launch in compatibility mode the program will operate but scanner is non functional.I've also tried changing the net framework.I have read launching from the command line should work however it does not even come up.any help is appreciated
    98 z28
    twin turbo ls6 4l80e

must be something to do with Windows... I had a cheap $75 Microcenter Winbook that worked fine... maybe a little slow, but fine. Double check the drivers are installed right?
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    must be something to do with Windows... I had a cheap $75 Microcenter Winbook that worked fine... maybe a little slow, but fine. Double check the drivers are installed right?
    Yeah i think its windows itself. I ended up getting the scanner working. Come to find out i wasnt properly putting in the file extension in the command prompt. Everything operates fine if i do that
    98 z28
    twin turbo ls6 4l80e