Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stoich setting 2011 mustang 5.0

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by wbt View Post
    If you are N/A and moving to e85, you will need the following:

1. 47lbs. FRPP injectors.
    2. Change the Stoich AFR from 14.08 to 9.85
    3. Decide what you want your afr to be. Attached is a spreadsheet I put together last year to help with deciding what you may want to run. .82-.85 would be where I would target it and see what nets the best results.
    Good info on the spreadsheet. Thanks! It should be a sticky!

So wbt, based on that spreadsheet, you would say .77λ for max power on e10 NA? I kept seeing people suggest .82 λ so I was just wondering.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDMB View Post
    So wbt, based on that spreadsheet, you would say .77λ for max power on e10 NA? I kept seeing people suggest .82 λ so I was just wondering.
    I would use something like .83. .77 is just some info I added as a guideline. Every engine is different and the coyote likes .83 from my experience.

Would an increase in lb/min. airflow reflect a power increase from a fueling/timing/Ti-VCT change? Lol, way off topic at this point, but thought I might as well ask. I know it can vary based on temperature and other conditions, but I was curious if it could reflect this kind of gain.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDMB View Post
    Would an increase in lb/min. airflow reflect a power increase from a fueling/timing/Ti-VCT change? Lol, way off topic at this point, but thought I might as well ask. I know it can vary based on temperature and other conditions, but I was curious if it could reflect this kind of gain.
    If no other hardware changes are made and a before and after are done in similar conditions then yes.

Why would anyone care for pure gasoline? The general population was never well educated on the benefits of ethanol, im sure oil companies stop it cuz yes it takes more ethanol to run, yes worse mpg, however its far cooler fuel, lower cylinder temps, much higher octane rating (how many ppl you meet think e85 is 85 octane lol) so its all around a more capable fuel source for performance. If e85 keeps everything cooler and has a higher octane rating than pure gas then why is 10% ethanol a issue? If anything you want more ethanol lol but detonation is fn awesome in these cars, so what do i know.

Tuner in Training
    Pure gasoline is what comes out of the premium pump here in Canada
    In the west I haven't even seen E85 at any pumps so its run low octane E10 or pure 91-94 octane premium
    My thought is tune for the fuel that's used

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzard32 View Post
    Pure gasoline is what comes out of the premium pump here in Canada
    In the west I haven't even seen E85 at any pumps so its run low octane E10 or pure 91-94 octane premium
    My thought is tune for the fuel that's used
    As you should. Ignore the ignorant.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    Good info on the spreadsheet. Thanks! It should be a sticky!
    Hi, where I cant find stoich adjustment in 2011 gt. ? Untitled22.png

Fuel > Open & Closed Loop > WOT Fuel > WOT Lambda

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rimas View Post
    Hi, where I cant find stoich adjustment in 2011 gt. ? Untitled22.png
    What strategy are you using? It should be on the page you posted. Engine>Fuel>General.

Stoich.jpg

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    in my region we have no E10 and will never have it. I always change the stoich to 14.64, which as mentioned will some minor fuel trim adjustment
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    My car has an E85 tune that I have been using for a couple years now. I'll note that it runs really well. However, I notice that the stoich setting in the tune is 14.65. Why was this not set to 9.85 during the tuning process? Can I just change the stoich to 9.85 and get any benefit?
    2014 Camaro SS

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BlownGTvert View Post
    My car has an E85 tune that I have been using for a couple years now. I'll note that it runs really well. However, I notice that the stoich setting in the tune is 14.65. Why was this not set to 9.85 during the tuning process? Can I just change the stoich to 9.85 and get any benefit?
    Check wot lambda and report back what that is set to. Sounds like the previous tooner has no idea what they are doing.

Tuner in Training
    Check wot lambda and report back what that is set to. Sounds like the previous tooner has no idea what they are doing.
    Attached is the fuel table. This is for E85, with the Stoich set @ 14.65. Also note the ID1000 injectors flow rates are scaled down to 55lb/hr and 50lb/hr in the tune. Again the car seems to run very well. Just doesn't make sense since it running on E85.

My understanding is that an E85 tune should have the Stoich setting @ 9.85 and NOT scale the flow rates for injectors. Will the attached fuel table require updates if I change the Stoich setting (9.85) and injector flow rates (107.5 / 94.83)?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BlownGTvert; 07-28-2015 at 06:57 PM.
    2014 Camaro SS

Advanced Tuner
    Is this on the 2007?

First what issue are you having that is driving the need for a change?
    Second, the AFR is incorrect for e85. Get on the Injector Dynamics page and change the injector data to the proper values based on the fuel and fuel pressured used along with the correct AFR.
    Third, datalog the changes to verify everything is within desired commanded.

Tuner in Training
    Is this on the 2007?

First what issue are you having that is driving the need for a change?
    Second, the AFR is incorrect for e85. Get on the Injector Dynamics page and change the injector data to the proper values based on the fuel and fuel pressured used along with the correct AFR.
    Third, datalog the changes to verify everything is within desired commanded.
    Yes it's on the 07. I'm not really having any issues with the tune. Drives well and made some big power. I guess my OCD getting the best me now I know the Stoich setting isn't correct for E85, and that injector flow rates have been scaled down. I'll make these 2 changes and see how the car reacts.
    2014 Camaro SS

Tuner in Training
    Yes it's on the 07. I'm not really having any issues with the tune. Drives well and made some big power. I guess my OCD getting the best me now I know the Stoich setting isn't correct for E85, and that injector flow rates have been scaled down. I'll make these 2 changes and see how the car reacts.
    Made the changes above that included entering the correct engine displacement, ID1000 injector data, Stoich to 9.85, and recalibrated the Maf transfer table. Basically eliminated all of the parameters that were scaled down in the previous tune. These changes also allowed me to optimize the base fuel table. All I can is WOW, it runs amazing now! I guess the lesson here is don't scale parameters in the tune unless absolutely necessary.
    Last edited by BlownGTvert; 08-02-2015 at 12:01 PM.
    2014 Camaro SS

Advanced Tuner
    Made the changes above that included entering the correct engine displacement, ID1000 injector data, Stoich to 9.85, and recalibrated the Maf transfer table. Basically eliminated all of the parameters that were scaled down in the previous tune. These changes also allowed me to optimize the base fuel table. All I can is WOW, it runs amazing now! I guess the lesson here is don't scale parameters in the tune unless absolutely necessary.
    Right on. Thanks for reporting the results.

Tuner
    If you are N/A and moving to e85, you will need the following:

1. 47lbs. FRPP injectors.
    2. Change the Stoich AFR from 14.08 to 9.85
    3. Decide what you want your afr to be. Attached is a spreadsheet I put together last year to help with deciding what you may want to run. .82-.85 would be where I would target it and see what nets the best results.
    You make it sound so simple. Do you not need to do anything for cold/warm starts? Since the characteristics of the fuel are different?