Thread: should i open a case on ebay? wideband through ac pressure dont work.

Potential Tuner

should i open a case on ebay? wideband through ac pressure dont work.

Ok I purchased the base model hp tuners after being told I don't need the pro. After some research I found I could hook up my wideband through the ac no problem so thankfully I purchased through ebay and have 120 days to open a case. I have called several tuners and even drove to one to see if they could figure it out. I keep getting unsupported parameter once I start scanning. I really don't want to send this back but I am wondering if hp tuners somehow made this no longer possible to do or something? given they want to sell the pro for more money. I even had a tuner walk me through it step by step and even he is stumped. Either I am missing a simple step or I need the pro that everyone told me was not needed. I love hp tuners so far but right now it is pointless for me without wideband logging.
    I followed 3 different threads now trying to get this to work. I spent a total of 8 full hours yesterday trying to make it work for the last time. If anyone has some input on what is going on please give me some advise as I don't want to return this at this point because I don't know how all that works being I already used credits for the 2 bar os and to unlock the pcm. I will take any advice or links that anyone has. I do not have experience with hp tuners but I do have experience tuning with other software. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Sounds like you would've been better off just going with the pro version to me, would've saved you 8 hours of struggle.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    I'm Wondering why you think you have a case against the seller on Ebay?? Did the seller state you could do this?

Have you verified your Wideband is actually working? either with the gauge it probably came with? and/or used a voltmeter?

What kind of readings are you getting?

Do you have A/C? and you disconnected the sensor? or you don't have a/c and your trying to feed the signal in??

what is your year/make/model? what is your ecu?

Can you post your tune?

I vaguely remember you may need to change the dtc parameters for the a/c pressure sensor if you don't already have a/c, otherwise the pcm will disregard and not even read the voltage.. They're probably disabled and you need to enable them, you can change it to no light but you should have the high and low voltage codes enabled..

LOL this is comical.

Any time you get unsupported parameter it means you're using a PID that you're not logging in the table. So likely you don't have AC voltage in the table and trying to create a custom PID for the AFR.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Or, you're using a config that was initially set up on another vehicle. In either case there is nothing wrong with the unit or SW.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Senior Tuner
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Senior Tuner
    ...and have you wired the thing properly to the AC pressure port?
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat