Thread: I'm in southwest Virginia and looking for a little tuning help.

Potential Tuner

I'm in southwest Virginia and looking for a little tuning help.

I've got a 60 Impala with an 02 LM7 4L60E combo. We just got it running a few weeks ago. I dont know much about tuning these computer controlled cars. I drove the car 3600 miles on the Hot Rod Power tour and HP tuners helped me with my tune, but I really would like to change the way the transmission shifts. The transmission shifts early and soft. At around 45 it shuttles back and forth between 3rd and 4th and cannot decide were it wants to be.

I would like to find someone near me who has HP tuners and can help me out.

Anyone out there?

Tuner
    you have to buy credits for each make model and years of same generation so you would have to find someone not only close and has a tuner but someone that has spend credits on that area of a tune not sure what the scanner would read that vehicle as but you could always buy the credits cost ruffle around $100 are you sure its not the torque converter that keeps unlocking and locking? im thinking that's most likely the problem but if you get your hands on a tuner just set either the 4-3 downshift down alittle or set the tcc release speed down a few mph then you'd have to drop to a lower rpm for it to unlock and or kick down unless you punch it. If it is your converter locking and unlocking down let it keep doing that it will burn up eventurally I would just cruise alittle bit over 60 or under 60 where it wont unlock until you can program that...had same problem with my truck 3-2 downshift coming around a corner and an reaccelerating dropped 3mph on the downshift and shifts like it should

Tuner
    wasn't clear on that one part figure out which gear for sure its doin it before you altar the 4-3 downshift but its usually the tcc that's the problem giver.. drive car count shifts do you count 1shift2shift3shift4shift then down shift at 60mph or is it 1234shift then feels like a half shift almost then 60mph and downshift feeling but its just the converter unlocking and locking

Potential Tuner
    Thanks, the converter is part of it, but it is shifting. The shifts are also too soft like it needs more line pressure. The drivetrain is out of an 02 Avalanche and I have an Avalanche, I just wished it shifted as good as my Avalanche.

I would like to find someone within a couple hours of me who knows more than I do who would be willingly to help me out.

If you can't find anyone local, check out my web site link in my signature...

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 06-23-2015 at 08:28 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner
    imo I wouldn't mess with the shift pressures I adjusted my shift speeds for part throttle and wot throttle it was at like .400 or somin down to .200 or .250 and it sure did take away the soft slow shift feeling your talking about
    Last edited by chevypower101; 06-23-2015 at 06:53 PM. Reason: id rather forget a word than my stuff!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by chevypower101 View Post
    imo I wouldn't mess with the shift pressures I adjusted my shift speeds for part throttle and wot throttle it was at like .400 or somin down to .200 or .250 and it sure did take away the soft slow shift feeling your talking about
    Thanks, sounds like what I need.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    If you can't find anyone local, check out my web site link in my signature...

Ed M
    Thanks, looks like I need to do some more research.