Thread: Can't get hp tuners to disable vats 01 camaro z28

Tuner in Training

Can't get hp tuners to disable vats 01 camaro z28

I've tried to get my camaros vats disabled with the hp tuners and it's still on drove the car to lunch at work everything perfect got in to go home and nothing 67000 miles. Tried both keys. Got on my hp tuners and went to general vats and set it from pwm to none. Flashed it and nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Tuner in Training
    It's stuck at my work 30 miles away. If anyone has any ideas

Are you doing a write entire?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    Are you doing a write entire?
    Not necessary on a 01. I'm guessing it wont crank which means the key pellet is not satisfying the BCM to engage the starter. Turning off VATS in the PCM only disables the fuel cut. It will have no effect on engaging the starter, You will either have to replace the key cylinder or do the resister bypass mod across the wires running down the column.

http://shbox.com/1/pass_key.html

Tuner in Training
    Ok resistor wire on ke is measuring 1870. What resistors do I look for just whatever adds up to 1870?

Tuner in Training
    Yes I did write entire

there are 2 sides to the vats, a fuel cutoff and an ignition cutoff, hp tuners only disables the fuel cutoff, you need to ohm the resistor pellet of your key and make a resistor to satisfy the BCM.
    2002 WS6 M6

fast toyz lid, descreened MAF, smooth air bellow, prc springs, Torquer V2, jet hot LTs, hooker ory, LM1 powerflo, ls7 clutch, 42 ford greenies, 3.73 Moser 12- Bolt.

Tuner in Training
    Yep checked the key it's 1870 so went and bought 3 resistors to solder together and they equal 1878 close enuf

Bypass the starter relay, it will not give you problems anymore.

By the way, sometimes it's not the VATS or anti-theft at all, sometimes it's the starter itself with worn brushes or bad solenoid giving you the problems.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Tuner in Training
    Soldered in the resistors and bingo back to perfect. 4.80cents 40 dollar tow bill home and 10 min cause I took my time.