Thread: first post. Porsche 996 LS swap

Tuner in Training

first post. Porsche 996 LS swap

I'm new to tuning in general and doing my first LS swap into a porsche 996. I built an aluminum block 5.3 from an 07 Silverado with a LS2 02-04 cam.

I'm having problems with short term fuel trims going very lean. I have a truck maf and an E38 computer with LS2 TB, ls1 injectors. When I unplug the MAF the trims seem to go back to normal. Any advice?

MAF 25168491

I've tried updating the MAF calibration tables to find a starting point. I don't have a wideband yet, but I just want to get in the ballpark and figure out what is wrong. I'm trying to get the MAF to work instead of just SD tuning as a beginner.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    open loop the tune and tune it SD
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Add MAF hz to what you're logging and take another log with the MAF plugged in.

I would try to keep the MAF if there's not a particular reason to get rid of it

Sounds like the MAF curve needs some work though. Not a big deal to do.. but you have to be logging MAF in hz also in order to be able to make the right changes. If you can get a log while recording the right things we can point you in the right direction on how to adjust it.

Looks like your MAF curve is ~40% off. If you really just want a ballpark change, try multiplying the whole MAF table by 1.3 and see what happens

You really need to be logging MAF Hz though so you know where to change the MAF table
    Last edited by schpenxel; 06-22-2015 at 07:40 AM.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    Schpenxel,

That makes a ton of sense. I'll log MAF Hz and shift my curve as you suggest. Why didn't I think of that!

Senior Tuner
    Before you get your wideband...if you want a rough margin of error to dial in driving with the MAF, just log the fuel trims against the MAF frequency.

You'll need a wideband for full throttle, but if you find the MAF table is really globally off by a similar percentage in every part throttle area...then multiplying the entire table by 2/3-1/2 of that error percentage would be a great place to start to rough things in.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat